Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Franklin BBQ Pilgrimage - Los Angeles to Austin Tx in 24 hrs - A Day In Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Franklin BBQ Pilgrimage - Los Angeles to Austin Tx in 24 hrs - A Day In Pictures

Obligatory visit to Daley Plaza - Site of JFK Assassination in Dallas
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180113_172201.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	441248
    Rise and shine, fourth in line @ Franklin
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_062254.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.27 MB ID:	441249
    The line wraps around the building
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_101608.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	441250
    Prepping our order
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_111249.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	441251
    The food - This is what $150 dollars gets you @ Franklin's
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_112136.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	441252 Tour of 'the pits & kitchen'
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_115611.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	441253
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_115655.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	441254
    I've been doing quite a bit of thinking since my visit this previous Sunday, first let me say 'it was magical'. I liken my experience to a Hit Broadway Show, agree or disagree - Franklin is the #1 restaurant on the planet, it indeed is legendary, I think Aaron and his employees know this, they also know people from all over the world are visiting his restaurant everyday - everyday is a performance.

My experience is that they made me feel like I was their only customer, they were very genuine, when the girl came by to ask what our general order would be, I very politely asked her if it would be possible to tour the pits when we were done.

Her response was 'Absolutely 100% YES' .. she told me the second we were done eating to seek her out and infact when we were done, she approached us and took us in back.

When we got to the front of the line to order, the guy who was taking and prepping our order asked where we were from, when we got into town and suggested other bbq restaurants we should try .. he recommended 'Cooper's and said it was top notch.
    I will never forget my experience here, what a show ... what a performance put on by each & every employee @ Franklin's
    Tim

I bet it was fun. Just maybe one of these days.

Comment

Looks like fun, you are tempting me to go to Texas. Maybe if I didn't have to fly or leave home......But what's with the hat? Wrong colour, wrong letters.

Comment

What an awesome trip. What time did you guys get on the line and when did they open??

Comment

• SoCalTim
          SoCalTim commented
          Editing a comment
          We arrived just a bit after 6 am .. it was a freezing 30 degrees. They open @ 11

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang SoCalTim that's a long wait for being 4th on line. But that food sure does look REALLY GOOD...

Congrats. That was a once in a lifetime experience for us, and I am so glad we visited. An now you what you are trying to achieve.

Comment

Sweet! What a blast!

Comment

that looks awesome, but $150?

Comment

Originally posted by DeusDingo View Post
              that looks awesome, but $150?
              Two things, bbq ain't cheap .. especially when your eating at the very best bbq restaurant on the planet. It was worth every penny.

Comment

• DeusDingo
                DeusDingo commented
                Editing a comment
                so what exactly did you get for $150? i saw the photo but more specifically?

• SoCalTim
                SoCalTim commented
                Editing a comment
                3 lbs of brisket @ $20 a lb, 1 lb of turkey @ $19 a lb, 2 lbs of pulled pork @ $19 a lb 3 lbs of ribs @ $9 a lb = $150.
                Most bbq restaurants are in this price range.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are normal prices +\- for good Texas cue.

SoCalTim, I Envy Youu and Your Trip to Austin TX to Visit Franklin's‼️ Your Pic's and Review of Franklin's and Their Employees was Refreshing❗️ 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍
              From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

What a great experience! Very happy for you.

Comment

I don't know if you can see the menu in this photo, but these are the prices.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20180114_110228.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	441300

Comment

How cool! They run a classy show.

Comment

Awesome! It is a BBQ landmark.

Comment

Congratulations to you Tim for being able to start kicking things off that bucket list! Looks like you had a experience of a lifetime. You didn't mention it so I'm assuming Aaron was not there? Looks like some superb Q in that spread.

It's near the top of my list to get there. I will be retired this spring so I'm planning some pilgramages myself.
                        But now I've gotten myself involved in some volunteer BBQ work this summer so I'm hoping I still have the time.

Comment

Looks like fun! Thanks for Sharing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here