Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lubbock is getting more metropolitan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubbock is getting more metropolitan!

Went to a Indian Restaurant here is West Texas called "The Tikka Shack" Got the chicken Curry and Mom got the chicken Shish Kabob. Dang was it good! So good in fact that looking at all the wonderful BBQ photos here today is doing nothing to me!! Usually I'm drooling going I need to do that and that. Today I'm just like nice photo!! It might be wrong of me but gonna post the a couple pix of the food we got there. (will diffidently be in the rotation for future consideration!!)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken curry with Shack Naan.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	332205 I got the Shack Naan it had cilantro and other spices backed in (was really good)

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken shish kabob.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	332206

Dang that looks great! Besides my grilling and bbq, probably the no 1 thing I make is curry. Chicken, pork, beef, seafood... I have spent the better part of the last two years trying to perfect it. Gotton pretty good, but still not where I want it.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks lonnie mac I will be on the look out for some paste!

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      For the last year, I have been buying Maesri on Amazon. You can get a 6 pack of all different flavors. Man, some coconut milk, Grouper or Sea Bass with rice and VERY good!

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats sounds perfect thanks I was just trying to decide between green, Yellow or red (most likely was gonna go with yellow I have a low tolerance for spicy) but now can try different ones! Thanks lonnie mac

Looks good. We do like to venture out and hit a couple of Indian joints around home.
    I am doing a chicken today in the PBC with Berbere Spice, Ethopian Blend, something I picked up in Savannah. Smells good so far.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds interesting, remember pix or it didn't happen!!

Looks really nicely done and fresh!

Comment

The kebabs looks legit!

Comment

Looks really good!

Comment

Thanks fer th' pics, and review! Not one single thing wrong, postin' it here...
          Looks like delicious food, to me!

Comment

funny the chicken curry I got had the same orange color that the Kabobs did but it shows up brown in the shot?? Hummm still dang good though lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here