Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

texas brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

texas brisket

Headed out to Houston to watch the Falcons kick some butt. Plan to meander around a bit and try some of that great Texas brisket.
    Any places stand out that should be in the can't miss category?

Railroadscot

Everyone would send you here, if Austin were on your path and you were ready to budget more than half a day waiting in line: https://franklinbarbecue.com

Comment

• rip1877
      rip1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Franklin updated their site, now you can order in advance and go pick up without having to wait in line all day. You just have to order at least 5 pounds of meat.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      rip1877 If you ask me that's the best thing- get 5lbs of their BBQ and no lines! I'm not much of a spend hours in line with strangers kinda person, unless I was with my own group.

It isnt Texas BBQ, but if you like Seafood then the Ragin Cajun is a great place, close to the stadium (somewhat) http://ragin-cajun.com/restaurant/me...-the-original/

Killen's BBQ is some of the best, but it is not cheap. http://killensbarbecue.com/

Comment

lcarley can vouch. If you are in houston...you need to travel to Humble, 30 min or so depending on traffic, and visit Tin Roof. They are the best BBQ i have ever had. i judge all by them. They started up as a small shack an have grown into a big deal, they even have a dance floor for weekend nights. The place is amazing!!!!

Comment

Our daughter lives in Houston, last time we were there she took us to this place:

It's in Richmond which I think is a suburb of Houston, maybe a 30 to 40 minute drive. It was good but not knock your socks off good. It seemed to be very popular with the locals so I guess that says something. If you're in the area I'd definitely give them a shot.

Comment

Pappa's BBQ is a chain with both BBQ and seafood stores. Don't know about the seafood since I'm not a fan, but the BBQ is actually pretty good. I've had worse. If you happen to be staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Greenway Plaza they changed their kitchen a couple years ago to be a real BBQ joint (I know the pit master and saw the rig out back) and they also turn out some good product.

Comment

Best Brisket I've had in Houston, and I've eaten at about the top dozen places, is Killen's in Pearland (South side). Next would be Corkscrew BBQ in Spring (North side). Both were outstanding!!!

Have fun and eat a bunch!

Comment

I put in a text to my son. He lives in Galveston and his finance lives in and grew up in Houston. For BBQ, he said the Pearland place is really good. He also said that if you are looking for casual mid-priced Texas Cajun food it's crawfish season! He really likes a place called BB's cafe. "I love this thing called grillades and grits. It's slow cooked spicy beef that falls apart piled on a heap of grits. I don't know if that's what they're looking for."

Comment

Seafood wise when I lived in San Leon which is just south of Houston I loved topwater grill. But didn't go around trying much BBQ while there.

Comment

railroadscot Be sure to scan through our Member Reviews > BBQ Restaurant Roundup > Texas channel to see if any places that our members have reviewed fit yer fancy. Be sure to report back to the same channel to give all of us your $.02 on any place(s) you visit as well!

Comment

Here is an article you might like: http://houston.culturemap.com/news/r...super/#slide=0

Comment

All awesome advice Thanks yall

Comment

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hopefully you can still get general admission tickets to that BBQ event I posted. Would love to hear about it if you attend.

In mid-town Houston, Goode & Company on Kirby is always full, and very good; all kinds of smoked meats. (They have a seafood place around the corner that is great.) Luling City Market has a lot of fans, and a taste like Austin BBQ. You can check out both online.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here