Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to Franklin's and I have Seen the Light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so jealous! Looks like an awesome way to spend part of a day!

Comment

1. Great write up!
      2. Aaron is a SUPER awesome guy!!
      3. I have head nothing but great things in regards to the food.
      4. I will NEVER wait in a line like that...and it is NOT part of the fun!! :-)

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        The line with Huskee would be super great! and Greg BBQCentralShow would like it to, since he'd be hanging with us

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greg BBQCentralShow What part of selling beer in line did you miss? LOL!
        Last edited by Powersmoke_80; October 30, 2016, 01:10 PM.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        PaulstheRibList Oh I'd definitely enjoy the line with my Pit pals, not much different than a car ride really.

Thanx all for the nice words - they are appreciated. I thought that some here would enjoy my experience although it's not quite the same as going there.

Steve B - There were several reasons for going there: 1) Just to check it out, 2) Really curious about what is so great, 3) I wanted to see the difference in his and my meats. (brisket much better than mind, ribs better than mine, pulled pork a toss up, but leaning towards Franklin's)

billg71 - Mueller's is on my long list - I don't think I my son will be in Austin long enough for me to try them all.

Bob Benhardt - the cleanliness struck me too - everywhere including the restrooms, and thanx.

BBQCentralShow - I probably won't wait that long again, but see my reply to SteveB above.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB I do understand why you went and am glad you did. If you have a (bucket list) then absolutely go for it. From what you are saying it sounds like it was worth the trip and wait. Good deal.

• Bob Benhardt
        Bob Benhardt commented
        Editing a comment
        You are welcome - @ RonB

• billg71
        billg71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to add to your list, the sausage at Southside Market down in Elgin is absolutely incredible! The nice thing is that they sell on the Web, you don't have to make a trip.

Awesome write up and it looks like an awesome experience especially since you got to meet him... Obviously you got to poke around a bit... How does that work... you just tell them you want to see or is that something they do after they close etc...???

Curious to get the scoop. Some buddies and I are wanting to plan a trip to Austin sooner or later and I didn't get to go there the last time I was in Austin so it is definitely on the agenda for the next trip.... however I did take a good advantage of 6th street.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Nate - After you eat go to the screen door close to the last table in the outdoor seating area. There should be someone there working. If no one is around, just ask someone inside if you can get a tour. They don't do them until things start to settle down.

RonB What super fun action! I would absolutely relish the time to wait and build up my appetite! Thanks for the story and pictures! Aaron's book was so fun to read - I can't wait to go through it again.

Comment

What a fun day! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome story! I've been to Franklin twice earlier this year when I was traveling for work, I was lucky enough to go on a weekday both times were around January or February which is "cold" for Austin and I only ended up waiting in line for 30-60 minutes. Never got to meet Aaron though.

I've never been to Lockhart, TX but I can say Franklin's brisket is in my top 3.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160224_115024.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	234737

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here