Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black's in Lockhart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black's in Lockhart

As some of you may know Lockhart is kinda the BBQ capital of Texas. I've been making some trips over and this weekend I went to Black's, which many consider the best on Texas. My wife, daughter and I got a beef rib, six pork spare ribs, a pound of brisket, and a garlic sausage link. We waited maybe 15 minutes in line. By time we left the line went past the store down the street.

The brisket was good. I thought the brisket I had at Kreuz's across town last month was better. But everything else was amazing. The beef rib is hard to explain. It's just so rich, juicy, and tender. It was almost a holy experience eating it. The pork ribs were perfect and the sausage was delicious. We will be back.

I have not tried the beef ribs in Lockhart, but they are off the charts at Pecan Lodge in Dallas. I thought Black's had the best sausage, and Smitty's the best beef clod. Of courSe, that doesn't mean those items at the other respective places are second rate. I have been to a lot of BBQ places across the country written up in national publications that have not in my option lived up to there reputation. Lockhart always does.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Not made it to Smitty's yet. Next time I am in Lockhart I will finally make it over. I don't make it up 45 much anymore but Pecan Lodge is on my list.

-Daniel

City Market in Luling, just a few miles from Lockhart is also worthy of your attention.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      It is on the list. I want to make it through the whole little BBQ circle there: Franklins, City Market, Kreuz's, Smitty's, Blacks, Louie Mueller's, Salt Lick. They're all bunched up. So far two down, many to go.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy.

Coopers in Llano has some really great bbq as well.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife and I make it up to Fredericksburg from time to time. We'll try to stop by.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here