Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elgin, Southside market ---meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elgin, Southside market ---meh

Big place, Blue bell milkshakes and a nice meat market. Sausage and moist brisket both well overcooked. No smoke ring on brisket or ribs. Ribs 50%+ fat and undercooked....well, at least no where close to tender... beans were good

fracmeister, It's always a let down and a shame when a Place doesn't come close to expectations! Eat Well and Prosper!
    From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Check out Sweet Baby Ray's Restaurants just east of Elgin in Elk Grove Village and Wood Dale. My pal Duce is doing some good smoking on his big Southern Pride smokers.

Comment

• fracmeister
        fracmeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do. I have grandsons in Austin and make the trip between NW Houston and there quite often.

I suspect I mistook "Elgin Southside Market" for Elgin, Illinois when you meant Elgin, Texas. I'm sure you have a lot of great joints between Austin and Houston. Believe it or not, we're doing pretty good up by me in the Chicago area. Meathead and I were just at one of Michael LaPidus' Q-BBQ locations feasting on goodies from his Ole Hickory Smoker.

Comment

Elgin is best known for its sausage but I found Southside's sausage kinda greasy. If you like sweeter sauce, try Meyer's down the road when you get a chance.

Comment

The last time I ate there I had the best brisket I have ever had. Tender, moist, and great flavor. Potato salad was rated A+ too!

Comment

Another place I live the hot guts at!

Comment

I actually prefer Meyers to Southside but I actually haven't been to either of them in years!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here