Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchy’s Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchy’s Tacos

Since it seems like we are on a sharing the sights of Texas kick, what are the opinions on Torchy’s? I see they are in other states too so feel free to chime in. None up here, of course.

From damn good tacos to our signature queso see what Torchy’s has to offer. Order now!

I award Michael_in_TX 2 votes though.

I saw this just recently.

Attached Files

Hell yeah on Torchy’s Tacos! They’re the best!

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of Torchy’s … but have fond memories of Lupe Tortilla from my Houston days. Are they still around, John?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re still around Mike. And apparently doing gang busters.

Open since 1983, Lupe Tortilla was founded by Judson and Peter Holt’s parents—Stan and Audrey Holt—in the Houston area. The brand’s signature fajita recipe and menu of fresh Tex-Mex was crafted by the husband-and-wife duo, and the 45-seat restaurant drummed up quite a following in the small Addicks community through the years. “People were standing […]

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Lupe Tortilla is GREAT! We ate there last Spring Break when we went down south to tour ATM and U of H. I was impressed, though it wasn't cheap and there was a decently long wait. I'd do it again, though!

I was very not impressed with the Austin location. Maybe because it was over hyped by the person that took us there, or maybe because Austin is weird.

Comment

A Torchy's just opened here, but on the opposite side of Richmond from me. I will give 'em a try next time I'm over that way, but no tellin' when that will be.

Comment

Huh! Apparently, Torchy’s has no fewer than 9 locations in the Denver area … and another down in the Springs. Added to my to-do list …

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder how long they have been there. My go to in the Springs was Monicas Tacos, but I guess she got caught laundering money for the cartel or something so not sure if their fare is still overseen by her or if it's changed.

• tstalafuse
          tstalafuse commented
          Editing a comment
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs Torchy's has been in the Springs for about 1 1/2 yrs now. It showed up on the far north end about the same time as that California based burger joint.
          Last edited by tstalafuse; January 21, 2023, 10:27 AM.

I liked Torchy's, but it is certainly not classic Tex-mex or Mex like another Austin based chain, Chuy's. It is kinda a funkified Mexican that you would expect from an Austin based chain.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Luv Chuy’s. Great Tex-Mex

Since y’all love the place, how about a visit and review for us poor suckers without one?😎

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John you know, I have thought about proposing a general GoFundMe funded by the Pit that Pit members can use for funding trips to MeatUps and fun places…

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Or for booze and sleezy women.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I knew I could rely on you taking my idea to freaking amazing from just okay.

In Austin, we mourn the loss of Maria's Taco Xpress (original location, with the statue)

Comment

Yep, Torchy's is great. Unique and creative.....and amazingly good. They have a fried avocado one that is absolutely decadent.

Comment

Can's say we have the biggest Mexican influence up here that being said there may be pockets I just don't know about.
            All we got up here is the franchise crapola, Toxic Hell, Burrito Boyz, Taco Supreme.
            When they're building your taco with a caulking gun....I'm out the door....

Comment

We have two new torchy’s here and one on the way I think. It’s pretty good on its own, but I wouldn’t call it Mexican food. I’ll have to say the queso was hyped like nothing else and it mostly lived up to it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here