Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Actually Ate At A Dickey’s BBQ Today…..😱

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend and I get together for lunch once in awhile to try out different bbq joints. We went to a Dickey’s once and we will never go back. There was no smoke, and the ribs just seemed to be boiled, no smoke whatsoever. They had an old fire truck outside with their sign on it, in my review, I suggested that they sell the fire engine and by a smoker with the money.

Comment

Like many, I've eaten there exactly once. You don't expect it to be....like that. In the Houston area, we have many chain BBQ restaurants that are excellent, or at least quite good: Pappa's, Spring Creek, Rudy's......

Dickey's is more.....meat cooked in a BBQ style.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Spring Creek! I haven’t been there in forever!

Panhead John I've eaten at one of the Reno locations a couple of times, and your review gets it right. I didn't try the brisket, but had ribs one time and pulled pork another. The ribs were fairly bland, and the pulled pork was a little greasy for my taste. Not really barbecue that I would recommend, but not horrible either.

It's a bit sad that there are so many mediocre barbecue joints, just like so many hamburger joints that think the only thing they need is a chunk of beef and a bun. Food chains, imho, have really lowered the bar on what we consider "good food".

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you’re saying. Dickies to me was the McDonalds of BBQ. I don’t eat out too much and haven’t experienced much out of state BBQ, but damn, we’re blessed here in Houston and Texas with so many quality BBQ joints. There’s so many good ones, the mediocre places don’t usually last too long.

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        There is definitely a dearth of good BBQ places up here. Too many have no smoke ring at all, which has equated to no smoke flavor. Always disappointing. But, there are some local catering companies and getting good Q in some other towns is now happening. I'm just not wanting to drive 3 hours. There is a place a couple counties over I'm going to try soon. But, still sticking to my stuff, mistakes included.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here