Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let you nose know good BBQ first.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let you nose know good BBQ first.

Angelo’s barbecue in White Settlement, Texas
    is the best to me. There is one way to tell your at the right BBQ restaurant. Drive into the parking lot and park. Step out of your vehicle and if you smell that succulent BBQ your at the right place. If you don’t smell BBQ in the parking lot 24/7 find another place. Angelo’s is that place.

Do you own Angelo’s BBQ?

Have any of you ever been to Angelos BBQ in White settlement Texas just west of Fort Worth? Their BBQ sauce is served warm with your meal. Wholly crap their BBQ sauce is so good I could drink the BBQ sauce through a straw in a 24 ounce cup. Damn it’s so good! Wish I knew how it’s made, I would rather drink their BBQ sauce and

Comment

• Ghawtho
      Ghawtho commented
      Editing a comment
      No we do not own Angelo’s in White Settlement, Texas. It’s a long time BBQ business, probably goes back into the 1960’s
      Their BBQ sauce is GREAT tasting. I would give them several thousand bucks for their recipe but am sure they still wouldn’t release it.

Looks like just the kind of place I would visit when I'm in Texas!

On Google Maps it looks like a Mom and Pop BBQ place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-13 113445.png Views:	0 Size:	533.6 KB ID:	1293224

Comment

• Ghawtho
      Ghawtho commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Angelo’s is a family business. It was started by George Angelo their dad. George passed away guess over 13 years ago now and the kids operate it. It’s always been good. I was eating there for about 35 years when in Fort Worth visiting my parents which have both passed away. I don’t have a reason now to be in the area since parents are gone. Haven’t been there in 6
      years. George Angelo reminded me of the
      the man that passed away on Pawn stars awhile back.

I don’t think George Angelo’s BBQ sauce can ever be beat. The story goes it’s something like many years in the making. I’ve looked at the BBQ sauce before and thought the color of the sauce looked so good am taking some to the paint store and have them scan it for a color match and paint my truck that color. I think the BBQ dives are the best.
    Angelo’s is rustic inside laidback, squeaky floors quiet cozy place.
    Last edited by Ghawtho; September 13, 2022, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
      Doesn't Jason George own Angelo's? I've eaten there many times and while it is good, very good I don't put it in my to die for. But frankly I don't think the best sauce in the world helps how I score a BBQ joint!

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        On most proteins I don’t want any sauce. Just a mater of taste that’s pretty common in Texas.

I searched it on Texas Monthly and it is listed with times and location but no official TM review or description of the food. One reviewer gave it five stars. Could that have been you? Help us out here. Are there any BBQ joints that you have eaten at which you would consider competitive in type of food and quality? What’s good there besides the sauce?

Comment

• Ghawtho
        Ghawtho commented
        Editing a comment
        Angelo’s has a website you can view their website. I think it was 2019 was voted best BBQ Fort Worth Texas. Angelo’s might have won best BBQ since then too. I think Angelo’s has been there 61 years.

I am glad you like it. But really, need pictures for a plate full of BBQ along with a detailed review.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        A full plate of BBQ? At a retail BBQ joint? Jeez, I'd need to take out a loan these days!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here