Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The price of barbecue just went up in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of barbecue just went up in Austin

Thieves steal at least 20 whole briskets worth thousands of dollars from famous Texas barbecue restaurant (yahoo.com)

Thieves Steal Briskets Worth Thousands From Famous Texas Restaurant (businessinsider.com)
    Last edited by gcdmd; August 8, 2022, 07:57 PM.

It's a shame. This was posted a few days ago and I commented there that I can't help but wonder if it was part of some protest, some anti-meat extremist of some sort, becasue who could possibly steal 20 briskets with the intention to use them in any proper way?

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Prolly not, those people crave extreme validation and would not have done something like this without making some kind of "splash"

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, they’re obviously rookies. Either rustle a steer (I know them’re fightin’ words in Texas) or swipe the finished brisket, not something half-baked.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      WayneT Right, that's what I was implying- who takes 20 half-cooked briskets with any intent to use them properly?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here