Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up About Franklin Barbecue…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads Up About Franklin Barbecue…

Like many of us here, I’ve read dozens of posts and watched many videos about Franklin Barbecue, and I’ve known for months that they are only doing take out orders. What none of these posts mention is that Franklin is accepting orders 42 days ahead of time, and at least on weekends they are sold out well in advance, so now we’re headed to Austin without any chance of trying the world’s most famous brisket. It’s too late for us, but maybe this post will help out someone else….

Hey Sid, I wouldn’t be too bummed out. You can go to the current #2 and #5 BBQ Joints on Texas Monthly’s Top 50 list! They both placed ahead of Franklin’s this year. They are Leroy and Lewis at #5 and Interstellar BBQ ranked #2.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/interac...terstellar-bbq
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 11, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Thanks, I’m sure we’ll find something great to eat.

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Mickelwaiths a few blocks down from Franklins is an excellent alternative.

Aww man. Well, maybe a phone call and an explanation of your circumstances might get you something anyway. There are several other great ones in Austin at least, but that is a huge bummer. Spinaker is a big fan of Blacks. Thanks for passing on the PSA.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      "There’s a 3# minimum at Franklin’s, ..."

AND?

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory AND I’m hoping there’s some lightweights around that really only wanted a pound, or maybe just a selfie opportunity. With the great man.
      Last edited by Sid P; November 11, 2021, 06:24 PM.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Good man Sid P. I thought you might be saying you couldn't handle 3#

Time to get on the waitlist at Goldbelly:

Or go for the even better deal (IMO) with Snows:

Pretty sure $15 off coupons are easily available too.

I mean, it still sucks, but there's options!

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq I’ve been thinking about it for awhile, so maybe it’s time.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on Snows

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      +2 on Snows

It’s crazy, but I’ve never experienced a brisket like Franklin. Whoa. Life changing.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      scottranda Thanks for trying to cheer me up .

There are definitely some great BBQ joints here in Texas. The incredible thing about them is they’re able to turn out great brisket in fairly large quantities. Good grief there’s no way I can plan 42 days ahead of time. Thanks to the wonderful folks here and all the questions they answered for me I’ll just fix myself one at home.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      42 mins is my max

We second the recommendation for using Goldbelly to obtain Franklins if you're not able to get to Austin easily or work on their ordering schedule

YES it will be pricier than if you picked it up directly, but you don't have to contend with the travel and waiting in line aspect. Plus, you get to choose when it arrives at your home. For us, it was worthwhile and we still have one more meal waiting in the freezer for us.

As others have posted, if you can't get Franklins on your visit, there are plenty of other places to enjoy as well.

As of this writing we don't know if it's still an option -- but if you're flying out of Austin, see if you can purchase the "full brisket to go" from the Salt Lick location at the airport. It should stay relatively frozen for at least 3 hours after purchase, making it an easy item to buy, stow away on the flight, and make it to your home freezer intact. Sure, it's not Franklins, but it's still pretty darn good (especially for a last minute airport pickup purchase)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here