Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Monthly's 2021 list of Best BBQ Joints just dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Monthly's 2021 list of Best BBQ Joints just dropped

Is your favorite on the list? Their staff visited and reviewed 411 BBQ restaurants over an 8 week period to come up with their 2021 listing of their 50 favorites.

We’re talking bacon burnt ends, beef cheeks, birria, blueberry-and-Gouda sausage, brisket-topped elote, and guava-glazed pork ribs. And those are just the meat offerings. Side dishes and desserts range as far afield as Big Red tres leches cake, blistered brussels sprouts, carrot soufflé, citrus-beet salad, and brisket fried rice. And we haven’t even gotten to the wine lists.

Looks like they only list the top 10 in order, the other 40 are in alphabetic order by city.

If it matters, Franklin is #7.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/interac...p-50-bbq-2021/

(side note: they'll be listing "honorable mentions" on the site soon)

Last edited by WillTravelForFood; October 18, 2021, 08:27 AM.

Sweet, Brett's Backyard made the top 50!

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      That is awesome! Lots of new places on this list, can't wait to try some out. For those going to Rockdale Miller's in Belton made the list. Its probably an hour or so away. I've been there and it is good.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      1701 made it as well 58limited. I just sent him a congrats email !!!

Writeup of Brett's BBQ Shop in Katy included this gem:

"...pointed us toward the weekends-only cooler full of free beer"

[whips out notebook, writes down reminder to visit on a weekend]

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman has been singing their praises to me for a while. Says they are really good.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an interview set up with Brett and Jacqueline, will be seeing them at Brett Fest this weekend. Will post my thoughts in the coming weeks. They also will be opening a new restaurant and bar. Excited for them !!

Nice list. I’m not going to Texas any time soon, but I have a $25 Goldbelly voucher that I might use.

Comment

Awesome! 1701 in Beaumont made the list!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir 👍 Good luck with the lines now. 😢 I’d expect them to be jammed for a while.

Truth made the Top 10. Used to be a 40 minute wait if you got there at 11am. Forget that, it will be hours here on out lol !!!!

Comment

Everything is Big in Texas, as is the number of BBQ Joints.
        To Bad, I am in NW Oregon.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea can you imagine, they went to 411 bbq joints to find the top 100. That times a factor of 4 or 5 are the actual number of bbq restaurants in the State. As I've said before, they are becoming like Starbucks or McDonalds, one on every street corner.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          "...they are becoming like Starbucks or McDonalds, one on every street corner."

Lucky us! Now if only the taco trucks would start cruising the neighborhoods like ice cream trucks...
          Last edited by 58limited; October 18, 2021, 06:27 PM.

Hmmm, not saying the new list isn’t good, but for the perineal avorites to drop like that something big must have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
          Truth made the Top 10. Used to be a 40 minute wait if you got there at 11am. Forget that, it will be hours here on out lol !!!!
          It was #10 in 2017

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            That was the Brenham restaurant, the Houston branch opened in 2018. That’s the one that will have greater attention locally. Good for them, well deserved!!

Are any of you familiar with #1 in Ft Worth?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here