Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stressed. Rough week. What's a great BBQ place in Dallas/Arlington area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Good point, Huskee, I shoulda mentioned - we're not waiting in line. I doubt I'll ever go to Franklin's, that kinda thing ain't in my future. I'd rather have "really good" and wait 15 minutes than "life changing" and wait 6 hours in a line.

Same problem I have with theme parks, or at least ONE of the problems...

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Don’t have much Dallas bbq experience, but you might check out Terry Black’s, based on this review by wcpreston.

Last edited by Texas Larry; August 5, 2021, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    This list migth help: https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/th...ints-in-texas/

Also I've heard good things about Pecan Lodge, real smoked meats but not the wait-in-line-5-hrs kinda place. From what I understand it's more of a restaurant bar & grill atmosphere. Sounds like it might be more family-friendly in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I moved this post from Off Topic to BBQ Joints & Steakhouses > Texas. Until you get more recommendations, and when you have a couple minutes, try scanning this main Texas channel here and see if there's any topics for the Dallas area.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    fracmeister should know some great places

I had planned on some Saltgrass a couple weeks ago but issues with wheel locks on my vehicle had me headed out of Dallas ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    Can’t offer any Dallas BBQ advice. but I do hope you have a better day tomorrow. If nothing else people watching at an amusement park can be entertaining. My guess is the best BBQ in Dallas is probably in Ernest ‘s backyard.

Leave a comment:

• Stressed. Rough week. What's a great BBQ place in Dallas/Arlington area?

So it's been a rough week, or FEW weeks. Son is turning 16, and we're leaving in a few minutes to take him to Dallas to go to Six Flags and such for a sorta treat.

I HATE theme parks most of the time anymore. Yay me.

So it's gonna be a 20 hour day by the time we get there. I think he wants to go to Texas de Brazil, I don't want that one, I want Fogo de Chao, we have Texas de Brazil 50 miles from our house, and I like Fogo better... but I'm sure The Wife is gonna make sure Fogo doesn't happen. That's a whole other long story...

But I'd like to try a good BBQ place in the area while we're there.

Twisted Root Burger Co. is one of my favorite places to go, but I dunno if we'll do that one or not.

So I'm kinda pissy, tired, irritated, now I gotta pack and drive 5 hours tonight down to Dallas (it's already 6PM). I hope the weekend gets better.

Give me something to look forward to - a real GREAT BBQ place in the area to try out, huh?

Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here