Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Service BBQ Knoxville (Maryville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Service BBQ Knoxville (Maryville)

I am currently in the process of moving to Knoxville. A few weekends ago, we stayed around Maryville. I pulled up Yelp to see what was close and Full Service BBQ. They talked about not being surprised but that it was good BBQ. We all decide to go and no kidding it's an old gas station. Remember the ones that only had a small room, if you will, for the attendant to money, that would be it. They had old tables laid under the Metal roof. Honestly, if you didn't know better you drive by and keep going.

However, the food is worth stopping for. The brisket is as good as any I've tried. It was extremely moist and had a great flavor. In fact my wife and I have been back several times.

I posted picture - I didn't take but it was good food
    Attached Files

According to the paper, there should be a north Knoxville location now as well. Sweet P's & Dead End are two other Knoxville BBQ joints well worth checking out. Both have Maryville and Knoxville locations.

Comment

Thanks cmdrake We made an offer on an house so hopefully I'll be able to try the local joints

Comment

IMHO - stay away from Artur's. They have a few locatons in Knoxville, but I don't know if they are in Maryville. My wife & I looked at TripAdvisor and found that Arthur's was the #1 BBQ in Knoxville. So we stopped there on one of our trips up I-75.

But our meals there were WAY less than good. Mushy pulled pork with no bark, no greens for sides (heresy), no beer just soda. Way over priced. We paid $28 for just 2 dinners & 2 sodas. The serving sizes were not enough to have any left overs. Never Again!

A Good place just north of Knoxville in Caryville is Quick Stop. It is located inside a party store with just a few tables. We had cary out there twice and WOW! Great pork & chicken. Home made potato salad is money. They had hush puppies which is unheard of in these parts. 2 dinners with for $19 and the left overs were enough for 2 meals.

Comment

Full Service is pretty good. We've eaten there many times. I also like Sweet P's and Dead End quite a bit....they are both in Knoxville.

Comment

The place in maryville is good. Haven't eaten there in years. Honestly though Knoxville doesn't have the great BBQ it once did. Back when Sarge's and Scrugg's were in business, that was BBQ. Everything else around there nowadays to me is average. However, if you ever head up to Morristown, stop at Jake's BBQ in Alpha/West Morristown. That's the real stuff.

Comment

I've since had the chance to eat at Dead Ends cmdrake it's actually really good. I really like their sauce. I've only been once but plan to go back.

I tried Dickey's -- it's a chain -- it was ok but the one in the Dallas airport is better

Calhoun's sells itself as a bbq restaurant -- it's got to be for the tourist because the bbq is 2nd rate at best.

Comment

Yeah, I've never been impressed with Calhoun's BBQ, but their smoked prime rib is good.

Comment

Tried out Full Service in Maryville and wasn't real impressed, but then again, this site has spoiled me. Brisket was cut thick due to being over cooked to keep it from falling apart. Fairly dry, but it did have a good smoked flavor. I tried the smoked sausage and it really didn't have any flavor at all. Sister in-law had a panini style brisket sandwich and said it was very good. Wife had pulled pork sandwich and said it was ok, but not as good as mine. Mother in-law had the ribs and said they were ok, but not as good as mine. The pecan pie was average at best, but the banana pudding was really good!
                  Last edited by Dr ROK; January 25, 2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I hate to hear that. I haven't back since last summer. So far that's been the best brisket I've tried. But like you said we're spoiled. My kids even tell the waitresses the BBQ isn't as good as dad's

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here