Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pigeon Forge BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigeon Forge BBQ

Heading to the Smokey Mountains in April for a motorcycle vacation. I’ll be staying in the Pigeon Forge area of Eastern Tennessee and I’m looking for BBQ joint recommendations in this area along with Western Carolina.

Not sure how close to PF one is but I recently enjoyed a visit to Calhoun's in TN. They have several locations in eastern TN, I visited the Oak Ridge one. Chain restaurant, so my expectations weren't high as far as 'great BBQ' was concerned but I was pleasantly surprised, the brisket and 2 kinds of sauces I tried were quite good. Worth a visit in my opinion.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      with a name like Calhoun, it has to be good...

Bennett’s BBQ Pit. It was probably 6-7 years ago but I enjoyed the meal (ribs & chicken w/ beans and slaw).

Comment

Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain BBQ & Grill in Sevierville, a few miles off the interstate before you get to Pigeon Forge, look for a big tour bus in the parking lot. Leave room for dessert, their cakes are amazing and huge portions. Second choice is Bennett's. What part of Western NC will you be in ?

Comment

• dgod
        dgod commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Tony Gore's is great. Well worth the side trip off the interstate.

Originally posted by Flat Rocker View Post
      Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain BBQ & Grill in Sevierville, a few miles off the interstate before you get to Pigeon Forge, look for a big tour bus in the parking lot. Leave room for dessert, their cakes are amazing and huge portions. Second choice is Bennett's. What part of Western NC will you be in ?
      I’ve rented an Airbnb log cabin in Sevierville and plan on riding a bunch of roads in the Smokey’s including the tail of the dragon in western NC.

Comment

• Flat Rocker
        Flat Rocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Also in Sevierville, although not a BBQ place, you should try the Apple Barn restaurant.

Thanks for the recommendations. These places will work for around the rental cabin in Sevierville and I can look for other places in the countryside while I’m on my bike rides.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here