Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions - Nashville - Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions - Nashville - Memphis

I am going to be traveling through Memphis and Nashville next month...Probably only one night in each city...looking for BBQ suggestions;

Nashville I am considering Pat Martin's BBQ Joint

Memphis I am considering Memphis BBQ Co. - I know it is just outside Memphis or The Rendezvous....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I will be pictures and comments from my travels...

clb239

It's not BBQ, but save room for a trip to Gus's in Memphis. http://gusfriedchicken.com/

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      Malcolm Reed mentioned Gus's on his podcast. Unfortunately my trip to Memphis will be extremely brief. i may go for some fried chicken to give me a break from BBQ.

Nashville hit up Prince's Hot Chicken, and yes, you gotta hit Rendezvous!

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      Prince's or Hattie B's is on the list for some Hot Chicken...

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      clb239 go with the original, Prince's. Do yourself a favor and go ahead an put the toilet paper in the freezer.

Nashville - Loveless Cafe. Thank me later.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      This will likely be my B-Fast stop...the breakfast menu looks awesome...

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Second this. I was there with the wife in september. Biscuits are phenomenal.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Loveless Cafe FTW!!

Trying to remember the name of the bbq place we hit up when i was there in spetember. I think it was jacks. I remember being disappointed. Also, dont even think about trying to go anywhere on broadway...its a zoo.

Comment

For Memphis, we really enjoyed Central BBQ. Rendezvous was pretty good, not great.

Comment

In Nashville, Martins and Peg Leg Porker are really good. Puckett's Grocery is good too, if you are in the downtown area. Jack's on Broadway was pretty good when I last had it, but that was several years ago. I'd rather walk around the corner and go to Puckett's now. Stay away from Jack's on Trinity Lane. There are also some good pop-up bbq places, Zilla's BBQ being one. You can find him on Instagram. If you want company, hit me up and I'll make the short drive down! lol
        In Memphis, I had Central BBQ but was not impressed. Maybe it was just an off day or it could have been the cockroach sitting on the windowsill next to me. But there are a ton of choices in Memphis, so throw a dart at the map. I go through Memphis on my way home to Texas, but I'm usually saving myself for the meat coma that starts when I hit Texarkana and continues all the way to Lubbock.

Comment

I have had Central and Rendezvous, but it was some years ago. If memory serves, I liked Rendezvous a little better, but I didn't think either of them lived up to their reputations. Can't remember any others - I am usually visiting family, and I have some serious pitmasters in the Memphis branch of the family. Next time I am out there I will post some pics.

Comment

If you're coming in on I-40 and need to stop in middle Tennessee, Moogies in Cookeville isn't a bad trip. Big fan of their fresh pork rinds.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here