Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My BIL's in Memphis as we speak, at Rendezvous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BIL's in Memphis as we speak, at Rendezvous

My BIL's got the privilege of a free trip to Memphis for work, and free dinners while there.

Last night he ate at Marlowe's, and right now as I type this he's at Rendezvous. He got the ribs & brisket combo at Rendezvous, I'm awaiting his review....

Here's what he sent me last night, to rub it in: (he said the bark on the brisket here was fantastic)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180621-174523.png
Views:	165
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	519977

And just moments ago he sent me this, again to rub it in....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180621-174517.png
Views:	165
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	519976

I would have told the wife he is having a medical emergency and you need to fly down there immediately

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee doesn’t fly.

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Nate well by horse and buggy they might be a little cold and moldy

His update: 'Rendezvous brisket's got nothing on Marlowe's, we're going back there tomorrow.' Rendezvous' ribs: 'They're chewy which is how I like them, the rub has a little kick.'

I've never heard overwhelmingly positive things about Rendezvous' brisket. I guess their ribs are their thing. He says Marlowe's brisket is very different from mine, different animals and he likes them both. I hope to get more details when he's back home.

Comment

Get the lamb ribs app

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed that on but I think I was too late

Rendezvous' food is good, but nothing to write home about if it wasn't so well known. Atmosphere and service are second to none, though. It's hard not to geek when you walk in the place. Our waiter was one of the guys in the old photo on the back of the menu.

Comment

He ought to try Central BBQ or The BBQ Shop which are nearby.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I told him!

• Gunderich_1
          Gunderich_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I absolutely agree. Central is excellent.....

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here