Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best BBQ joint in Chattanooga Tennessee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best BBQ joint in Chattanooga Tennessee?

Take a trip for a wedding to Chattanooga soon can someone tell me were the best local BBQ joint is located in the area. Not looking for a change type BBQ place, but a local place that's a small neighborhood hidden gem that server good ribs , smoked pulled pork, brisket, and chicken. Thanks...

Good Mornin!
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to finally hear from ya, stop in more often, amigo!

I reckon Karon Adams might be yer best bet, here...hopefully she'll give us all some enlightenment on her locale!

Comment

Welcome Don! I can't help other than to point you to the Member Reviews > BBQ Restaurant Roundup > Tennessee channel. If you browse there you may find some info. Hopefully folks with some knowledge can chime in here to help you directly as well.

Comment

Being a 90 minute or so drive away, I've been to Chattanooga countless times, but usually with a group of kids in tow to go to places like The Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga Zoo, or other such places. I've only had the big touristy BBQ joints like Sticky Fingers and Sugars. Neither of which was that impressive, and Yelp lists a lot of BBQ joints with higher diner ratings in and around Chattanooga. We were there for convenience, being downtown.

Comment

• prepperjack
          prepperjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha, we have very similar experiences - we go to Chatt all the time, and I've never been at all impressed with what was in the area around the aquarium, and I think we've tried them all at this point. That said, we've never ventured outside that area, so I am sure there are some great places there, but when I have 3 hungry and cranky kids, my priority is getting chicken fingers and burgers, stat.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          prepperjack the last time the wife and I were in Chattanooga, we actually enjoyed Big River Brewery or whatever it is called down by the Aquarium. Had a pizza and fish & chips to split, along with some pretty decent beer. The BBQ joints are overrated though, and I make plenty of that here at home these days...

TBH, the best BBQ is here in Lovely East Ridge. on Ringgold Rod in about the 3900 block, there is a small BBQ trailer. you step up the wooden steps to the window and order your food. if you want to eat there, I think they have a picnic table for you. that's about it. but..it's GOOD. if you want a building to sit in and a waitress, go to Rib & Loin. if you want good Q, go to the BBQ trailer on Ringgold Road. give me a day and I'll get you the exact address.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Came across this when this thread surfaced again today, and am hoping you are your other half are doing well. Haven't seen you on here in quite some time...

Thank you Karon! Yes if you could get that address it would be greatly appreciated . I am coming down from Michigan on Friday for my nieces wedding and don't know the area. I am staying at the Comfort Inn Downtown at 2420 Williams St in town. It looks like I am a little north west of Ringgold road. Thanks again...

Comment

I must confess that I believe that the best pulled pork in Chattanooga comes off of my BGE on an occasional schedule. This is thanks to Meathead and his Memphis Dust. Otherwise, good pulled pork BBQ can be had in Chattanooga.
          Charlies BBQ and Bakery: Very good moist pulled pork and very good ribs
          Boathouse: Very good Brisket and Pulled pork. Consistent. Also very scenic, right on the river. Favorite restaurant in town.
          Sugar's Ribs: Reasonably good pulled pork and ribs. Also very scenic, overlooking town from the ridge.
          Rib and Loin: Consistent taste of pork, tends to be a little dry. Very good with sauce and slaw.
          Old Plantation BBQ: Very good pork. Sauce is different, cinnamon and nutmeg shine through. Out of the way part of town.
          Choo Choo BBQ in East Ridge: Very good
          Dixie BBQ in Hixson: Great BBQ, Killer Potato is the best I've ever had.

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here