Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nashville's Destination Dry Ribs- Peg Leg Porker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville's Destination Dry Ribs- Peg Leg Porker

Article by USA Today writer, Larry Olmsted
    Pitmaster Carey Bringle smokes his swine with hickory wood outside Peg Leg Porker on the patio. The tender ribs are a must try for barbecue fans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	peg leg.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	458761

Thanks Huskee next time I go to Costco’s in Nashville I will try to stop there.

Comment

I remember that guy on a YouTube Pitmaster episode.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw him on DDD I think

I give them 3.5 stars out of 5. They only offer pork products. Finding good brisket in Tennessee is a challenge. Parking is a bit of a challenge. As a Kansas City native, I set the bar pretty high since I know what the product could be.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Good brisket is unheard of here too!

• parkerj2
        parkerj2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then open a brisket spot. Mr. Lewis did it here in SC and he's doing pretty well.

We are going to Nashville this summer. I will add it to the grub list.

Comment

It's good, but there is a Corky's just down the road in Brentwood that is my go to place for ribs in that area.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish we had something in my Brentwood!

My wife and I love to visit Nashville and have been to Peg Leg in the Gulch a few times. Definitely felt their dry ribs were the best in town. (we preferred Jack's on Broad for brisket and pulled pork) Each time we go, I try to hit another new BBQ joint!

Comment

Good info. Im visiting Nashville towards the end of June and was wanting to find a good Bbq joint.

Comment

I haven't been yet and I am only a couple of hours from there. If I remember correctly I got to see him last year at Memphis in May. He's been on You Tube and some BBQ tv shows. I hear a lot of good things.

Comment

If going to Nashville - in addition to the aforementioned places - do yourself a favor and go to Loveless Cafe (and aim for off-peak hours). You're welcome.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                I second this. You simply cannot go wrong with anything on the menu at Loveless Cafe. Truly a destination restaurant.

I go to Peg Leg occasionally, and I've never had anything bad. I love his dry ribs. I don't expect brisket in TN because it's not traditional here, and he has a sign inside that says so. I appreciate the philosophy, there are definitely some places here that should NOT be doing brisket. It's a poor representation most times, with a few exceptions. Peg Leg is worth the trip IMHO. The chicken with the white sauce is also incredible. Like I said, I've never had anything bad there, including the sides.

Comment

Martin's BBQ with multiple locations in the Nashville area has pretty respectable brisket offering. Worth checking out if your in the mood.

Comment

• cashelton
                  cashelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Their wings were life changing for me, it's what got me into smoking meat. For some reason it's hard to find places in North Texas that have smoked wings on the menu, so I had to start making my own...and here we are today!

Definitely go to Martins for whole hog. Great people there, even took me in the back to show the pits.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here