Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good BBQ in Chattanooga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good BBQ in Chattanooga

My wife and I are moving from NY to Chattanooga. I'm always happy to smoke up my own homemade BBQ, but sometimes it's nice to let other folks do the work (and taste new things) at a restaurant. Could anyone recommend some good BBQ spots in Chattanooga? Looking, obviously, for places that aren't chains. Thanks in advance!

Sticky Fingers is pretty good standard fare BBQ.

Comment

Karon Adams

Comment

• mikebarish
        mikebarish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for connecting us, Willy!

Sugar's Ribs right there on the side of Missionary Ridge

Comment

Wow dude what a change of scenery!!

Comment

• mikebarish
          mikebarish commented
          Editing a comment
          YEP! Wife took a job down there and we needed the change of scenery (we both grew up in NY and have been here our whole lives...and we're over it).

Welcome to ChattaVegas! We DEFINITELY must get together!! TBH, the best BBQ around here are the ones on the main drags n the trailers. they change from time to time. there's Sugars and Rib & Loin and all, but, frankly, they all are OK but, since they all cook one day and serve the next, well, you know how that is. but, the little trailers are the way to go. there's one on Ringgold Road here in East Ridge, another in North Chattanooga and a couple in Brainerd. they tend to be int he same spots over and over. perhaps we can get together and I can give you the home tour of the town.

Have you already found a place to live or are you looking? DM me is you need anything at all. I used to be a real estate agent so I can help you find the best places for the best lifestyles, depending on what you want

Comment

Thanks so much! I was looking at BBQ spots online, and all looked like mini chains and rather "inauthentic." I'd much prefer trailers over restaurants steaming up leftovers! I might take you up on that tour. Thank you!

Comment

what most "Yankees" are usually first astonished over is how wealthy they suddenly are! the difference in cost of living and standard of living is surprising to many. groceries and all the other are far less expensive here than up north and with the space, housing is far less expensive. which, of course, means if you are used to paying rent in NYC, you'll be thrilled with what you'll get here for the same price!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here