Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buddy had a question, I said I know just who to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy had a question, I said I know just who to ask...

My friend's going to be in Memphis and Nashville and wants to know where to eat. If you had to recommend just one place for bbq in Memphis, what would it be? Nashville recommendations don't have to be bbq - let me know a couple places there.

THANK YOU!!

Me and Calvin Trillin - we only eat BBQ in Kansas City. Sorry.

Comment

Well, if he was coming to Vegas I'd say my backyard.

Comment

In Memphis, I've seen good reviews for Central BBQ.

Comment

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Central BBQ is Melissa Cookson's place and they are supposed to be very good. I know everytime I drive by there around lunch time the parking lot is full.

I have tried a few spots including the big names. I found the best was at The Cottage. You gotta have gus 's fried chicken too

Comment

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunatly the Cottage that was on Summer Ave is closed down, I don't know if they opened in another part of town or not though. You certainly are right about Gus's!

The Commisary on Germantown Rd is also a pretty good place to get some good BBQ.

Comment

We enjoyed Corky's.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here