Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chandler's Deli - Knoxville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr ROK
    replied
    We just at here tonight and all 5 of us loved it. It is good old southern cooking. My collard greens were excellent and I also had the two chickens thighs. They were just like the fried chicken my father in-law used to make when he was alive. Crunchy skin and plenty of salt. I also had the pork ribs (they were out of beef) which were just ok, but not what I really wanted. I asked for the hot bbq sauce with them and I really liked the sauce which is unusual, I usually like mine dry. I had the banana pudding and it was good, but the stuff I had the night before at Full Service was even better in my opinion. My wife had the catfish and said it was excellent. Fried pickles and fried green tomatoes were also great! Right now I feel like a stuffed tic on a blood hound. Great meal on the last nigh in town. Will definitely be going back there next time we are in Knoxville!

Leave a comment:

• Baller4Life
    started a topic Chandler's Deli - Knoxville

Chandler's Deli - Knoxville

We chose to visit Chandler's on a Saturday night for a take-out dinner. Reasons being that Chandler's was rated pretty high on Trip Advisor plus we had previously tried Archer's and were not impressed.

Service was good. Prices were fair - $27 for HUGE order for the 2 of us. Menu was diverse and had tons of good traditional Tennessee Q choices. But the food itself ... a disappointment.

The pulled pork sandwich was actually quite good. Chandler's puts the sauce on the side which shows confidence. But the pork wasn't pulled, it was chopped. The attached pic shows my sandwich with slaw and light sauce.

The chicken was pressure cooked, not fried. I chose 2 thighs and the cook left all the skin and fat on. It was a little too greasy and didn't have much crunch. The sides were just OK. The collards were WAY too salty and I couldn't choke them all down. The slaw, the mac -n- cheese were just OK. The banana pudding was runny and brownish.

Most of the food was served from a steam table and the table wasn't very clean. The front of the broasted chicken cooker had some 'funk' on it. The floor behind the counter was littered with food scraps. Ewwww.

I would go back - but that's just me. I love true southern Q. This place has some potential. Maybe we just had a bad experience.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here