Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AG

I visited a restaurant called AG (yes, the acronym for silver) yesterday. It's a real mecka for meat lovers, located in central Stockholm. You can order meat from most countries, everything is hand picked. You get to know how old each cow is, whether it was a cow or a steer, et.c. Most meat is at least 3 years old. AG does a lot of meat aging themselves.

This massive display greets you when entering the restaurant (you're only seeing half of it in this photo, it was wiiiiide):

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.93 MB ID:	563687

Plenty of meat in the fridge, and even more wine!

I started off with some Russian caviar, I've made some expensive habits lately. 30 grams, just for me :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.87 MB ID:	563683

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.78 MB ID:	563684

I ordered a Swedish ribeye, 300 grams. Man, that was tasty! All in all, highly recommended.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.86 MB ID:	563685

My friends at the table shared a suckling pig, here's a shot of it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.92 MB ID:	563686

I don't mind seeing dead animals, and I've done my fair share of butchering, but personally I don't like seeing the head still on the animal, with teeth and all. But it tasted good.

Here's the potato gratin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.93 MB ID:	563688

And a (not so great) shot of the restaurant:

Click image for larger version  Name:	AG-8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.69 MB ID:	563689

If you're ever in Stockholm, have the urge for top quality meat (and can afford it, 'cause this place was expensive...), then AG is a great place.

Looks like a fantastic meal. I think you did better than your friends. Nice ordering.

Comment

WOW, talk bout bein like a kid in a candy store!!!

Great story, an pics, Brother!

Thanks fer sharin with us!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Comment

If you're ever in Stockholm
          Haaaaaaaa!! You kill me. I do good to drive 3.75hrs once a year to visit the family.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Stockholm is a pretty great place. Lots of good ocean views, and great food! Especially fish.

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d like to keep an open mind :-)

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            I never regret spending money on travel and have spent a lot . The most memorable experiences have been when things have not gone to plan. Lots of great food from many different places.

That steak looks like they read AmazingRibs.com, nice place!

Comment

Thanx for the write up.

Comment

Henrik Drag yourself down to Argentina one day and I will show you a few wine cellars and mountains of beef. Looks like a great time. Always good to see how restaurant food stacks up against what you can make at home. Been out and voted yet?

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup! Eagerly awaiting the result!

Looks like ya'll's attorney general cooks up some fine grub!

Comment

Pretty fancy, smancy digs there Henrik, you really are coming up in the world. That quenelle of some sort of mousse in the first pic looks interesting. Is that salt beside it? Guess that and the cavier all go on the toast. Dang, I now feel like a country bumpkin

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is small slices of toast, Smetana (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smetana_(dairy_product)), and silver onion. Super tasty!

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Soured heavy cream. Nice, bet the combo of that and the onion was interesting.

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup! I discovered Smetana just a year ago, but keep buying it on a regular basis. It has great rich flavor. And together with the white onion (we call it silver onion in Sweden), it's a great match with roe.

I think it's time to find an excuse to travel to Stockholm on business!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here