Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fäviken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like it was more of an experience than a meal. It didn’t appear anything was cooked low and slow, but a 6:30 - 11:00 served in small quantities qualifies as a low and slow meal in a good and different sense. I have heard that European dining tends to be that way. Americans tend to eat large volumes fast and with limited varieties in the meal.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends. In Italy they tend to have long suppers, which I like. In Sweden in general, not so much. But then again, this wasn't your ordinary restaurant. It really was an experience more than a meal, as you say.

Oh my. That looks like quite an experience. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Henrik, for a most enjoyable, albeit vicarious, experience.

Comment

So jealous! Looks absolutely incredible. I've got a wedding in Sweden next summer...might have to make the trek up.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in Stockholm. You can fly from Stockholm to Östersund, then take the bus (quickest by far). Or train (8 hours) from Stockholm to Åre, then taxi.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! So this wedding will be somewhere in the vicinity of Stockholm (undetermined at present)...I'm gonna have to make a pilgrimage to go see Rude Boy.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet! Rude Boy is an hour's drive south east of Stocholm. Let me know when you are in town!

I love the idea of not ordering and just letting the chef's creativity take over. when i saw this on Netflix last year it sounded fascinating. And as good as everything looks, i might have had a problem with the sheep poop eggs, lol.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was just awesome! Just lean back and enjoy.

Soooo - 36 courses with a wine pairing. It took me about 30 min to do the math, but that seems to be 36 glasses of wine. I'm surprised you were able to sit upright Henrik. But it does sound like a fantastic experience.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha! 36 glasses of wine would be a bit too much. I had 6 glasses, of the first one was mead. They made their own Viking mead! Good stuff.

• NapMaster
          NapMaster commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik Was that an autumnal mead? Dilly! Dilly!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t know it was light colored, with a good ‘tang’.

Wow! This looks incredible.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          It was divine. I was surprised there were so many Americans among the guests. Good fun, I chatted with most of 'em.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik, that tv show has got to have something to do with it. Ever since I watched that I've wanted to go.

I've had some fancy meals where they bring you food w/o ordering, crazy combos of slightly strange ingredients, and they scrape crumbs when you get up to the restroom, but nothing to that extent! What an experience!

Comment

Thanks a million for sharing your adventure. It was certainly much more than an evening at the fanciest places I've ever been. Really awesome. 👍

Comment

Amazing!!! Very, very jealous. Thanks for sharing and congrats on being able to enjoy such an experience.

Comment

Outstanding posts. Thank you for taking us along for the experience.

Comment

You sir are now among a small population in the world.

This is crazy awesome. I was thinking of all the butter, wine, sugars, stocks, branches, twigs, candy n such that’s gets made/prepped.

This is simply another world.

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I though too! They stored the fish carcass in salt 1.5 years ago, just to make 'garum' for one of the dishes. Incredible.

Wow. Really nice experience.

Comment

Congrats! I'm jealous.

The mind and taste buds of a true chef--a talent and an ability I'll never have. But...sheep poop ashes? LOL

Comment

You got in just in the nick of time Henrik

Two Michelin-starred restaurant Fäviken in Sweden is one of Europe’s most in-demand eateries. But chef Magnus Nilsson is closing it. Find out why he’s taking a break when he’s riding high.

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I received the email from Magnus (email list of course). Really glad we went!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here