Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fäviken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like it was more of an experience than a meal. It didn’t appear anything was cooked low and slow, but a 6:30 - 11:00 served in small quantities qualifies as a low and slow meal in a good and different sense. I have heard that European dining tends to be that way. Americans tend to eat large volumes fast and with limited varieties in the meal.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      It all depends. In Italy they tend to have long suppers, which I like. In Sweden in general, not so much. But then again, this wasn't your ordinary restaurant. It really was an experience more than a meal, as you say.

Oh my. That looks like quite an experience. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Henrik, for a most enjoyable, albeit vicarious, experience.

Comment

So jealous! Looks absolutely incredible. I've got a wedding in Sweden next summer...might have to make the trek up.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in Stockholm. You can fly from Stockholm to Östersund, then take the bus (quickest by far). Or train (8 hours) from Stockholm to Åre, then taxi.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! So this wedding will be somewhere in the vicinity of Stockholm (undetermined at present)...I'm gonna have to make a pilgrimage to go see Rude Boy.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet! Rude Boy is an hour's drive south east of Stocholm. Let me know when you are in town!

I love the idea of not ordering and just letting the chef's creativity take over. when i saw this on Netflix last year it sounded fascinating. And as good as everything looks, i might have had a problem with the sheep poop eggs, lol.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was just awesome! Just lean back and enjoy.

Soooo - 36 courses with a wine pairing. It took me about 30 min to do the math, but that seems to be 36 glasses of wine. I'm surprised you were able to sit upright Henrik. But it does sound like a fantastic experience.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha! 36 glasses of wine would be a bit too much. I had 6 glasses, of the first one was mead. They made their own Viking mead! Good stuff.

• NapMaster
          NapMaster commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik Was that an autumnal mead? Dilly! Dilly!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t know it was light colored, with a good ‘tang’.

Wow! This looks incredible.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          It was divine. I was surprised there were so many Americans among the guests. Good fun, I chatted with most of 'em.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik, that tv show has got to have something to do with it. Ever since I watched that I've wanted to go.

I've had some fancy meals where they bring you food w/o ordering, crazy combos of slightly strange ingredients, and they scrape crumbs when you get up to the restroom, but nothing to that extent! What an experience!

Comment

Thanks a million for sharing your adventure. It was certainly much more than an evening at the fanciest places I've ever been. Really awesome. 👍

Comment

Amazing!!! Very, very jealous. Thanks for sharing and congrats on being able to enjoy such an experience.

Comment

Outstanding posts. Thank you for taking us along for the experience.

Comment

You sir are now among a small population in the world.

This is crazy awesome. I was thinking of all the butter, wine, sugars, stocks, branches, twigs, candy n such that’s gets made/prepped.

This is simply another world.

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I though too! They stored the fish carcass in salt 1.5 years ago, just to make 'garum' for one of the dishes. Incredible.

Wow. Really nice experience.

Comment

Congrats! I'm jealous.

The mind and taste buds of a true chef--a talent and an ability I'll never have. But...sheep poop ashes? LOL

Comment

You got in just in the nick of time Henrik

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/m...ant/index.html

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I received the email from Magnus (email list of course). Really glad we went!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read ourcomplete review.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative. Click here for more about what makes this grill special.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.