Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Det Arroganta Svinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Det Arroganta Svinet

The title is the name of the restaurant: The Arrogant Swine

Started a few years ago, very hard core, no bells and whistles, just very well smoked Texas style bbq. I like it just because of that. You have classic brisket (with salt and 16 mesh black pepper), Iberico ribs, homemade sausages and the usual sides like Mac n cheese, cole slaw, beans, creamed corn etc. All the food is cooked in two massive 1000 gallon pits with oak wood. It is located in an industrial area, so you need a car to get there. But brother, is it worth a detour.

This is as authentic as it gets, outside of Texas. Top notch meats, cooked to perfection. I had a platter for two, with brisket, ribs, and various sides. It was massive, so I didn’t eat everything, took some home. Such a nice visit, and I chatted for 10 minutes with their pit master, checking out the pits.

Will I visit again? Hell yeah!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	1438880

Name:	IMG_2556.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	1438879

Name:	IMG_2552.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	1438881

Lol- Great name too.

Comment

Looks dang legit to me. Now I hungry.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Henrik Will stop there when i'm the area..

Comment

Yeah man!! That's the real deal right there. So great you have that nearby!

Comment

I need a plane!

Comment

Nice plate-o-food!!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks awesome! Great to see someone doing real authentic Texas style BBQ out there... And great to see it succeeding! Thanks for sharing, Henrik! Love those pics of the pits!

Comment

Checking my passport now…

Comment

That's commitment! Both pits look to be built by the same fabricator, a lefty and a righty. Did they have them built there or shipped from somewhere else?

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Correct, they were custom built in Texas, then shipped overseas. Don't know who the fabricator is though.

Whoa Nellie! Great write up. Heavy on the wish you were there department.

Comment

Curious, if it wasn't in an industrial area, could one use horse and carriage?

Comment

After looking at the pics I thought Henrik made it to Texas!

Comment

Looks amazing. I am not sure when I will next be near Haninge (not even sure I have been), but if I am ever in the Stockholm region I will definitely try to visit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here