Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Road-Trip of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Road-Trip of 2020

My dad and I decided to take a quick road-trip a couple of weeks ago to visit Scott's Bar-B-Q in Hemingway S.C. for some amazing whole hog BBQ...We also visited Lewis BBQ in Charleston for some Texas BBQ...On the way home also made a stop at Grill-Billies BBQ Supply in NC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	798090

Name:	IMG_1195.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	798091

Name:	IMG_1202.JPEG
Views:	217
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	798094

Name:	IMG_1205.JPEG
Views:	229
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	798092

Name:	IMG_1214.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	798093

Dang!! Look at that.

Comment

My kind of road trip

Comment

Are they smoking something at Grill Billies? Or is your lenses , well, a little smoky?

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought the same thing.🙂

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it was glare from lighting.

Yet another nice little road trip.

Comment

I'd be in on that all day long.

Comment

We basically drove six hours to have lunch at Scott's. That wad the main goal of the trip. The trip to Lewis BBQ was because I had already been to Rodney's place and wanted to try Lewis.

We are already planning a trip to western NC next.

Comment

That's awesome! I was at that Grill Billies location a few weeks ago. I usually go to the Wake Forest one since its a little closer, but wanted to check out the other one. Ended up talking to Joe for nearly an hour - what a nice guy. I kept asking for rubs he didn't have in stock, and he kept pouring from his "taste test" bottles into ziplocs for me so I'd have "enough to get by". Happy to drive 35 min and give them my business - Lard Have Mercy!

Comment

• clb239
                clb239 commented
                Editing a comment
                FishTalesNC I drive almost three hours to go there...I have been to s few of the classes they offer and I bought my Meadow Creek from Joe. They are a great group and definitely take care of the customer...

Looking forward to the open house at the end of March...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here