Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodney Scott's BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney Scott's BBQ

Headed to Savannah today so my mom and I made a side trip to Charleston to visit Rodney Scott's.

Tried the whole hog and the ribs. They were both excellent but the ribs were my favorite.

After we ate we paid a visit to the Pit room. Antoine gave an excellent tour of the pits and gave a quick overview of their process...

Click image for larger version

Name:	42F4E52F-56E6-4198-AD62-AE63616EBDFC.jpeg
Views:	556
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	766314

Name:	BA4D6FCB-5A43-4C6D-8012-ABC3C5FB79FA.jpeg
Views:	573
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	766313

Name:	E0459379-E194-4A27-8AFC-32A2CEDBC89E.jpeg
Views:	578
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	766315

Name:	7CC00C3E-6357-4B16-8E32-6B4D93FD04B5.jpeg
Views:	552
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	766316

Those are some great photos. Glad you enjoyed the visit and the food.

Comment

I went to college in Charleston and never ate at his place. Saw this movie awhile back and the regret was palpable. Lol

Comment

Rodney Scott's is great. I live about a 90 miles from him and make it a point to go get some on the way to Savannah.
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; November 8, 2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The pork at the original in Hemingway is better. They don't have ribs there, though.

I chase the flavor I had in the pork at the original location when I make pulled pork. It's my unicorn. best bite of food I've ever had in my life.

Comment

Drove up to Charleston from Florida just to go to Rodney Scott's. The line and the number of cars in the pick up lane tell you all you need to know. Excellent BBQ and I especially liked the whole hog. It's a different flavor and taste than your regular pulled pork, because it's the whole hog and not just one cut. Well worth the trip, and it was a bonus to talk with Rodney and Jeremy.

Comment

Now the whole Pit wants to a rebound BBQ joint in their area. Is that MRTS?

Comment

Been to the location in Hemingway and it was great. Mr. Scott was there that day.
                This might help in your SOCAR travels:
                Looking for great South Carolina BBQ? Our interactive SC BBQ Trail Map shows you all the barbecue restaurants near you and even provides you directions.

Sweatman’s in Eutawville Was recommened to me also. It was good but not as good as Scott’s
                Last edited by tiewunon; October 27, 2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• clb239
                  clb239 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went to Scott's in Hemingway back in January and Rosie was there then as well. It was great getting to say hi to him and going out back to see the pits...

Thanks for post and pic tour

Comment

Very cool. I saw the Chef's Table BBQ episode on Netflix, sure makes me want to visit his restaurant!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here