Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maurice's Piggie Park in West Columbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maurice's Piggie Park in West Columbia

I was in South Carolina on business last week, and I got the opportunity to stop in at Maurice's Piggie Park for a late lunch. Service was great, all the staff was very friendly, and best of all, the food was amazing! I had the brisket plate, which comes with two sides and a roll. Go hungry, or just get a sandwich; it's a lot of food! Brisket was silky smooth and moist, with good bark. Didn't need sauce, but I tried some anyway, because I never had a mustard based bbq sauce before. This was their signature sauce, and it was delicious. The fried okra and coleslaw were very tasty as well.
    My waitress was great; she even brought me samples of their pulled pork and brisket burnt ends. Yum! They have food to go, and they sell their sauces as well.

Great food, friendly place. What more can you ask for? Well, how about covered parking, so your car isn't boiling hot when you come out at after lunch! That was an awesome feature the day I went, let me tell you. They also have drive-thru service.

If your are in West Columbia, visit Maurice's Piggie Park.

Sounds like our kinda place!

Comment

Maurice Bessinger. There's a name from the past.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

I went through there in March and stopped. I really liked the Southern Gold BBQ sauce - so much so that I picked up a couple of bottles to bring home. Afterwards, I read up on old Maurice - I believe somebody here tipped me to the article. I know about the sins of the father and all that, but I may not have stopped if I had read up on him first. Still like the sauce though, and I need to get some more of it.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            Since his death his kids seem to have made some changes.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            LA Pork Butt, they have - I was comfortable while I was eating there; reading about the man a few weeks later kind of gave me the willies. I would go back, and like I said, I really liked that mustard based sauce. I put it on everything for awhile.

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, the kids have made some changes. I'm glad I didn't know about him before I are there. I would have felt pretty bad about eating at the place.

Use to live in the area back in the 90’s. Good food wouldn’t mind going back there some day. That was my first experience with mustard based sauce.

Comment

Add my vote for the Southern Gold sauce; it's outstanding.
            Last edited by fkrall; October 9, 2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here