Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Monsters story so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holehogg View Post
    It takes tough people to weather tough times, you Sir are one tough person (front row player I assume).
    The fact that you have manage to keep afloat by applying yourself during the difficult times is proof your success going forward is going to be one of abundance.
    Much respect deserved, you did not only have yourself in mind but also those around you in need.
    Thanks!! Next time I'm in Port Elizabeth we need to catch up. Driven through a couple of times on my way to visit my cousin in Port Alfred. If you're ever there look him up he owns Graze a fantastic restaurant.

Comment

Great story. Glad you have weathered the storm.

Comment

You are to be admired for your fearless perseverance during these terribly difficult times!

Hang on, and remember "Tough times don't last but tough people do."

Comment

Congratulations on your efforts and best wishes on the future!

Comment

Great story. My son and daughter-in-law own a restaurant in the San Francisco Bay area and did much the same. Indoor dining went to patio dining, pickups, delivery and farm to table groceries (meats, cheeses, fresh vegetables, etc.) Small business owners like yourself know a lot more how to run a business and survive than the best-trained MBAs.

Comment

• MeatMonster
              MeatMonster commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, really glad your family have battled through.

So glad to see this story, and so happy that you were blessed with enough orders and community support to weather the storm. I believe a lot of BBQ and take out restaurants in my area did pretty well too. More upscale dine-in establishments without an existing robust takeout business did not survive.

Comment

Keep the dream alive! I love seeing this, especially in the midst of all of this. It says a lot about you and those you have around you that the biz was able to survive. It will make everything else seem easy! (Or easier)

Comment

• MeatMonster
                MeatMonster commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! It's been a hell of a ride. Could definatley do with a little downhill tailwind!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here