Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Monsters, more thrive, less survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Monsters, more thrive, less survive?

My very fondest regards to everyone in the pit. I'm back for another update on life at Meat Monsters in Ellon, Aberdeenshire.

Firstly, we are still here! (#GETITRIGHTUPYOUCOVID)

Secondly, things are getting brighter. Still a mountain to climb, to catch up with our original plans, but there's a little less "Survive" and a little more "Thrive" in the air.

To that end, we were pretty blown away to receive the 2021 TripAdvisor Travellers Choice award. That means we are now in the top 10% of recommended places to eat... Worldwide! Just our small crew, a once dilapidated shed and our two beloved Fast Eddy's (Bill & Lizzy). A very welcome boost to morale and particularly meaningful as its based on customer reviews.
    ​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Travellers Choice.png Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	1077566

Without wanting to get teary eyed, everyone on AR needs to take a bow for this too. There is more than just a little AmazingRibs in Meat Monsters DNA. It's my most favourite, zero trolling, most informative forum (of any kind, let alone BBQ). It continues to help keep my enthusiasm alive through the posts and content, it's provided a wealth of knowledge to help us grow and we often dip into Meatheads recipe book (full credit given!!) for fun things to do (most recently Meatheads "Close to Katz" Pastrami, which we have sold out on twice in a row, pics attached too, we know you want to see them!).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pastrami cover.png Views:	0 Size:	415.3 KB ID:	1077567

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pastrami.png Views:	0 Size:	824.7 KB ID:	1077568

So overall, we are seeing some of the business which disappeared off a cliff back in March 2020 starting to re-appear. Party orders are starting to come in as folks can meet together again in larger groups. We have some events on the horizon and our masterclasses (sharing our love of BBQ and helping folks start their own home smoking journey) are fully booked through to end September.

I also received the best compliment in my life recently, which means nothing to most folks over here when I tell them. My butcher (and no mean Pit Boss himself) called me the "Ellon" Franklin. I'm not worthy of course, but that makes me happier than the TripAdvisor thing.

Hope your smokes blue, and your cooks are carefree.
    Regards
    Alistair
    a.k.a. Meat Monster
    a.k.a. Monster in Chief, Meat Monsters Smokehouse

Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!

Comment

Great news. As you know, we are all rooting for your success.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Aye, we are!

Great news and I'm glad your dream is coming to fruition.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

Originally posted by Donw View Post
      Great news. As you know, we are all rooting for your success.
      I honestly do. Arms cross the sea!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        The 'Special Relationship.'

Originally posted by RonB View Post
      Great news and I'm glad your dream is coming to fruition.
      Cheers Ron!

Comment

Congratulations! You are living the dream a lot of us have!

Comment

Monster in Chief, has a nice ring to it! Keep workin hard & thrivin!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
            Monster in Chief, has a nice ring to it! Keep workin hard & thrivin!
            FireMan was taken, so did the best I could! 🤣🤣

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              HeeHee!!!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 15, 2021, 12:30 PM.

What a great post!!! It is very satisfying to know people enjoy the fruits of our labors. Keep rollin' smoke!!

Comment

Admiration. Hard work and passion have paved the way to many a success. You Sir are headed in that very direction. Keep it up.

Comment

Brother, I am So Proud of ya, an alla th Success yall are startin to experience is a Direct Result of alla th Hard Work, Long Hours, an Extensive Time an Financial Investiture that y'all have put into Meat Monsters...

In Ordinary Times, yer Success Story would be a Triumph; most Restaurants start out with lotsa Good Intentions, but die an early, an untimely death, due to various circumstances...

Yall have made it work, throughout th Pandemic, an Th Entire World changin th way it does virtually every single thing, an yall have my deepest Respect, an Admiration fer what yall've accomplished, Laddie!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 15, 2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please, do pass that along to Th Entire Crew...

Congratulations! Here's cheering you on to even greater and long-lasting success ...

Comment

Love reading these happy updates!

Comment

Fantastic to hear you are doing well and the business is thriving. It takes longer than you would like but it sounds like you are building on some solid clientele. Oh and the pastrami looks great, mine is in my profile pic. We are all rooting for ya!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here