Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good restaurants in Dubai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good restaurants in Dubai?

I'm travelling to Dubai in a few weeks. It is a (late) honeymoon trip. We got married in September 2014, but we've been busy. The trip is booked however, and the hotel too. We're staying on the palm island, decided to treat ourselves.

Now to the relevant question: does anyone have a good meat restaurant to recommend? I know nothing about Dubai so far, haven't even been close, so any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thepalmisland.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	544263

Hunters Room and Grill. The steak is pretty decent but the dining experience is something else. Me and a few buddies went there for Gentlemen night, and it was definitely a 5 star experience. Go on one of the specialty nights to cut the cost down though, like everything else in Dubai, its expensive.

Besides that look for some local Shawarma places.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, Hunter's looks good. And I love Shawarma, will have to do some internet searching. Thank you!

Jimmys killer prawns has a pretty good spread, almost every major hotel has a US focused menu or English pub with great but pricey food but no specific ones I remember. I prefer to try local cuisine when abroad but never really enjoyed curries so shawarma is the only ethnic thing I liked in the UAE. I never went but a few friends said there was an amazing Brazilian steak house, can't remember what it's called but I think it was Chama or something. Either way, enjoy your stay, super expensive but the people are very polite or at least mind their own business and are helpful when approached. Some amazing uses of national budget to be explored

Comment

Henrik, Goon Pride BBQ, Send an eMail To Our Son, [email protected] And Ask Him, Use Me For An Introduction‼️ From What He Has Told Me There Are Restuarants For Every Palate Available❗️ Unless There Are On Going Religious (Muslim) Holidays❗️❓❗️ Shawn Has Also Mentioned The High Prices ie: $15.00 Or More For A Beer❓ Shawn Works For A Company Called Dakota Air Parts, Home Based Here In Fargo ND❗️ He Buys, Sells And Markets, New, Used And Surplus Aircraft And Helicopter Whole Goods And Parts Throughout Asia, The Middle East, And The South Pacific, I Think He May Be A "Gun Runner"❓ Recently He Spent A Few Days In Scotland, Teaching Meat Monstter , Alisstair, How To Drink❓❓❓ Shawn Has Lived In Dubai Off And On For 2-3 Years Now‼️ If You eMail Me Your
      Home eMail Address I Will Further It To Shawn For You‼️ Use: [email protected]
      Hope This Helps You Henrik❗️ Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; August 7, 2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Goon Pride BBQ
        Goon Pride BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Your spot on about the beer, its not allowed in the culture and only tourists are allowed to drink. You will only find booze in specific places attached to the tourism economy,so the prices get inflated.

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Much obliged, email sent. Thanks!

I was in Dubai for a few days for work. Didnt get a chance to really explore but our local contact there did take me to a place called Tom and Serg. Really nice cafe with a laid back feel to it. And unlike most things in Dubai...not too pricey.

Comment

Just remember to tell your wife to wear a veil with her bikini.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a veil-y good suggestion ;-)

Looks like a beautiful place, I remember watching the Palm Islands being built way back on a documentary show. I hope you two have a great time and make special memories!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Huskee!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here