Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin’s brisket via Goldbelly, review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I would love to do that some day. Every time I get a chance to try some really excellent bbq: Dinosaur, Smoq, Chubby’s, and others; I learn something, take it home in my memory, and figure out how to get mine to that place. Reading and writing is fine, but experiencing is what opens your eyes and your taste buds the most.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you Jerod Broussard. That's good of you. I try to tip min 20% and 25%+ if it was especially good service, irrespective of the food.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Tips got me through college, and I don't eat out often. A good tip is a great way to make someone's day and restore their faith in the human spirit.

• glitchy
    replied
    Thanks for sharing this! Someday I’ll probably try one, but in no hurry and I miss out, I won’t .

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard You be tippin 58% for Little Caesar's? Dang.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, I knew you'd be around soon. Agree it matters not the chunk of dirt you're standing on but the knowledge you use. And supplies too of course. A brisket in England might come out different than here in the states depending on the steers, but yeah we get it.

• Troutman
    replied
    I tend to agree that a well cooked brisket does not require a PhD in "rocket science". I don't know that anyone down here touts their brisket as being "magical" which would invoke an aura of "mystic" surrounding it, I just think it's come to be the gold standard for how one should be cooked. I certainly see the same kind of attributes given to Kansas City/Memphis and Carolina pork all of which are excellent and probably in their own right the gold standard for them as well. But I've had some mighty excellent whole hog up in the Piney Woods of East Texas due to cooking via those same standards. It doesn't matter where you are but how you do it !!

That said, get on your horse, ride on down and try some of that brisket fresh out of the smoker and compare that to the frozen one they sent you. It's a whole different experience I promise you.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Spent $17 plus $10 tip for Little Caesars delivery Sunday. Still eating on it and I fell asleep minutes afterwards, so not enough money loss to stress over it.

• Huskee
    replied
    Great writeup, thank you. I too chuckle when I see things like Texas BBQ is better, has that certain mystique, but I suppose if I lived there I'd flaunt it too. And there's something to be said for the convenience. Ordering a pizza - is it worth $30 or whatever in flavor alone? Maybe, maybe not. But in time & mess saving? Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Well, now you have an excuse to order Snows and compare. Always happy to help you spend your money!

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    barelfly I see SNF is running 15% off now but BOGO is a whole another level. What should I hold out for sales wise?

• Mosca
    replied
    A final note, I did write to Goldbelly pointing out that the product arrived frozen rather than fresh. I didn’t ask for anything in return, in fact said specifically I didn’t want anything. I got a coupon for $15, good until 12/01/2021. I might use it, I might not, and I’m sure they pass out coupons like that pretty regularly. But it is a nice gesture.

Leave a comment:

• efincoop
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! That is good to know. So this definitely is not an impulse buy. This is a plan ahead buy.

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Sid P I used to separate the point and flat, and temp them separately and pull them separately. And I got very inconsistent results. Then I read somewhere to temp it in the deepest part of the whole brisket, and "the point will take care of itself." That is when my briskets turned from good briskets into "WOW". And trimming all the loose stuff makes a difference. That 3” piece of 1/2” thick flat at the end isn’t going to be edible after 15 hours. You’re better off saving those for other uses.
    Last edited by Mosca; September 20, 2021, 12:59 PM.

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca thanks. I think "until deep in the flat under the point probes like butter" isn’t mentioned enough. Even Meathead’s book just says "cook to 203", and many people assume that the point will be done last because it’s thicker…

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here