Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great BBQ in OREGON?!?!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great BBQ in OREGON?!?!??

Yep. I was as surprised as you were. Brisket was excellent although when I asked if they had burnt ends she was thrilled to bring me a nice barky slice. She didn't know flat from point but "the fatty end" request got some very tasty brisket. The house made link was the real star. It had a wonderful taste and texture. Great cornbread, good ribs, pork. http://podnahspit.com/

Managed to get some good ink.

Who knew?

There's a guy started out doing brisket and other BBQ out of a food cart on MLK. Now has moved to Mississippi (the street, not the state). Got best food cart in Portland 2016 from Willamette Week. Sells out pretty much every day.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have more precise location? I'd like to pass it on to a chef friend of mine moving to Portland.

• Bruce54
      Bruce54 commented
      Editing a comment
      The "guy" link up there takes you to their FB page including a map. Here's the address:

4233 N Mississippi Ave
      Portland, Oregon 97217

Good luck to your friend! Portland is currently pretty hot in the cooking world.

Looks fabulous! However the bottom line says he starts at 5 am to have dinner ready. So what do they serve at 9am and 11am when they open? Also the about us page says they start at 5am to have food ready for lunch.

Just the OCD in me and the kitchen biz. I'm sure the food is fantastic. I've known chefs who can't add, spell or have the slightest clue what grammer is but they sure can cook.

im passing this on to a buddy who going to cook in Portland.
    Thank you
    HH

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here