Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbecue in Columbus, Ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecue in Columbus, Ohio?

I'm in Columbus next week for business. We'll be staying downtown. Does anyone know of a great place to eat? It's OK if it's expensive... Barbecue preferred but a steakhouse or any nice fancy restaurant will do as well.

Not easy to find good local BBQ in Ohio. A couple of the better ones are food trucks (but bad timing for our current weather in Ohio). B & K Smoke House is one option downtown.

For steak, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse gets a lot of praise, along with Cap City Diner, and Lindey's. There are also some good Thai places.

Comment

I am from CBus and you HAVE to try Tommy's Pizza. Thin, crispy crust with the pepperonis curled up. Three locations, including one just off the campus of The Ohio State University on Lane Ave. Next Saturday is the spring football game, with the added bonus of the lacrosse team playing TTUN prior to the football game.
      Not sure about BBQ there though. I will get with friends u there and ask.

Comment

OK B & K Smokehouse is only a 5 min taxi away so that's on the list
        Hyde park and Lindey's are also close by.
        Cap City Diner is doable, BUT, I've never liked diners. A whole lot of variety but nothing's good. This place different?
        Tommy's Pizza joints are a bit of a hike for lunch. Are the decent spots for dinner?

Comment

I haven't been in years but worked on a project in Columbus for a few years in the 2000 - 2003 range. There was a great steakhouse run by Cameron Mitchell right downtown by our office called Mitchell's. He owned like a half dozen or so places in the area and they were all fantastic.

Looks like Mitchell's was sold some number of years ago, but I would recommend one of his current places if you are in the area.

It's been forever and a day since I was last in the area, but every place was just so good I can't imagine anything he owned not still being that way. This looks like his main website.

Comment

Also, there is a section in Columbus called German Village. Plenty of good places to eat there and a iconic burger place is Thurman's

Comment

"City BBQ" is good. A few locations around the area. Our daughter lives in Columbus and we often get take out from there when we visit. I think it's good. German Village has good German food too.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterman View Post
                I haven't been in years but worked on a project in Columbus for a few years in the 2000 - 2003 range. There was a great steakhouse run by Cameron Mitchell right downtown by our office called Mitchell's. He owned like a half dozen or so places in the area and they were all fantastic.

Looks like Mitchell's was sold some number of years ago, but I would recommend one of his current places if you are in the area.

It's been forever and a day since I was last in the area, but every place was just so good I can't imagine anything he owned not still being that way. This looks like his main website.

http://www.cameronmitchell.com/

The Barn looks interesting. Last time I was in Columbus we wanted to go there but it wasn't open.

Comment

Depends on how far you want to go. Hyde park is good for Steaks, and there is Top Steakhouse on main St. The Polaris area has a lot of places but it might be a hike. M is another steakhouse that is down town. The east market has Hot Chicken Takeover which is like the Memphis hot chicken. Depending on where you are staying downtown there are plenty of place up and down high st that you can walk to I would probably try B&K before City BBQ only because B&K is a mom and pop place. When I am out of town that is what I do. City is ok, but seeing as you are a pit boss on a BBQ forum you might not like it . The brisket is descent. So when you coming and how long you gonna be here? I actually live here, it would neat to meet someone from the forum.

Comment

Just got back from Columbus and guess where I ate? The hotel. Every night. I contracted a cold from my ten year old last weekend and spent the entire week on the road suffering from it. One of the worst colds I've had in years. I sure appreciate everyone's advice and hope next time I get to use it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here