Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeyes Steakhouse, multiple NC locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeyes Steakhouse, multiple NC locations

Had never heard of this place, but it appears to be a small NC chain. We went to Washington, NC the other week and ended up eating there.

First of all, our waitress was amazing, honestly the absolute best customer service I've had since moving to the East Coast. So many places around here get it wrong. Our waitress was charming, witty, knowledgeable about the menu, and attentive without being a hovering shadow.

The salad bar has some really amazing options on it, unfortunately with COVID you can't use it. They do have a cool workaround, there's a slip with all the salad bar items and you checkoff what you want and the server loads your salad up, they even put the dressing in side cups so you add it yourself.

Sadly that's the only good things I can say about the place from this trip.

The menu is small, which is usually a good sign for quality of food, unfortunately at least at that location the MO of the operation seems to be "throw every item on the fire to get some burn/char" and that's it. The baked tater had some tasty toppings but the skin was so charred it was inedible. The shrimp was actually cooked perfectly despite the excess char but the seasoning was bland, the lobster was actually a very reasonably priced add on and was cooked perfectly, but also bland. The steaks were a good size, but the meat felt like select even though they say choice or better (I guess they proudly get everything from Omaha Steaks). I asked for medium rare and got exactly that, the wife asked for medium and hers was also cooked correctly... the meat just felt/tasted like it had gone through a few freeze thaw cycles.

I will give them the benefit of saying Washington is a tourist town, and well... tourism isn't what it usually is this year, in addition to other steps they have had to take. I figure for the price of their menu, the place has to be good or it wouldn't be in business in so many locations. So we'll try one of the ones a little closer to us a few months after this COVID stuff gets sorted and supply chains/inventory cycles get back to predictable.

Have you ever tried this place? Was your experience good?
    Attached Files

At least they don't wrap the tater in foil.

And what's up with the dry white toast? You usually only see that with 4 fried chickens and a coke.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      not really sure, toast with bbq isn't really a thing here as far as I know. I know some steakhouses do a version of Texas toast or garlic bread, but this was plain white bread.

Looks Great,
    Do they have PBR?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      Editing a comment
      I forget what was on draft, I had a couple tall bud lights 'cause they were out of something else I wanted, but I forget what it was

I’ve been in NC for a decade. Never heard of that restaurant before! 🤔

Comment

Several years ago, we ate at their location in Williamston. It's right across the street from a venue where our kids were in a horse show. I remember the food being reasonable but as you note, not quite to the level they try to suggest it will be. Granted, when we were there, they were slammed by diners from the large show and they are a small location. One thing I found interesting, though, is that then, in pre-pandemic days, the "chef" came out to the table to talk to each diner and get specialized instruction for cooking their entree. I've never seen that anywhere else.

My strongest memory of the place is that I tried a bottle of Highlands Oatmeal Stout and am hooked on it.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        yeah the waitress said they used to do that but couldn't because of COVID. Obviously we missed out on some of the normal experience which is why I'm willing to give them another shot in the future. If the price had been lower, like 18-25 bucks per person I would have raved about a great value, but as it was, even with the best customer service ever, it wasn't a meal worth the 35-40 bones per head.

Just found this topic, late. I’ve eaten at the Ribeyes in Mt. Olive and was not impressed. When I asked for the wine list the bartender responded with, "white or red". Having visited one, I’m sure you know they didn’t have massive, separate wines lists for each. 😜

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        I don't usually drink wine, surely the wife had a glass unless they didn't have Rose then she might have had a cocktail of some sort. It's been quite a while and my memory only has room for useless knowledge older than a week

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here