Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Been to BBQ Center In Lexington, NC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Been to BBQ Center In Lexington, NC?

A nice little video: https://www.foxbusiness.com/small-bu...arbecue-center

Looks like a very nice organization. 60 years is a long time to be in business. I don’t quite understand the smoking process but must be good.

Comment

I haven’t been there, but I’ve been to a BBQ joint in Lexington. Next time, I’ll go by and check this place out!

Comment

This method of burning the wood down to coals and then putting them under the meat is the main method for a lot of traditional BBQ joints in North Carolina, South Carolina and Eastern Tennessee. The main difference in NC is eastern NC it is mainly whole hog and Piedmont NC is pork shoulders but the process is very similar.

Comment

It's on our candidate list for second honeymoon spots...

Comment

I asked a friend of mine that lives in NC if he had ever eaten there and this was his reply:

"Great place to eat. One of the last to still offer curb service under a canopy like the old time drive-in restaurants. Tell your friends on the forum to give it a try, they won’t be disappointed. Lexington style BBQ, open pit, hickory smoke flavor and a tomato based sauce. Handmade hush puppies and quick service. On a Friday night be prepared to wait in line."

My interest is peaked! I must make it to Lexington some time.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, sounds like a worthy visit!

I live about 30 minutes from there. I've been to the Lexington BBQ Festival a handful of times. I've been to Speedy's and Smiley's but not here. Another one I need to try is Lexington Barbecue http://www.lexbbq.com/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here