Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to Charlotte, NC this weekend - looking for BBQ recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling to Charlotte, NC this weekend - looking for BBQ recommendations.

Hello All! I am a new member to the website (sorry for any mistakes or if posted in the wrong forum). I'm traveling for what's an unfortunately short trip to Charlotte. Probably have only one day to go to a good BBQ place. I'm not picky at all, but do love more some Carolina style Pulled Pork. Any and all recommendations appreciated! Thank you in advanced!

I have no firsthand knowledge, but you might browse through this forum for some member reviews: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...north-carolina

Oh, and welcome to the Pit!
    Last edited by Steve R.; July 16, 2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I would def check out midwood smokehouse. The brisket there is amazing.

To be transparent, its also the only one ive been to there. So its not like ive tried a bunch and that one stands out.
      Last edited by grantgallagher; July 16, 2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Ditto on Midwood Smokehouse. They have several locations, but I would suggest either their original on Central Avenue, or the one at Birkdale Village. I also like Jim 'N Nicks on Hwy 521 south of Charlotte.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

I can’t help out with restaurant recommendations, but so ince you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

If you are traveling down I 95, you might consider the Skylight Inn in Ayden NC. It's about 45 min off 95 and is famous for whole hog BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here