Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern style joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern style joints

Wilber's Barbeque - Goldsboro
    This place is older than most people (as are many of the great NC barbeque joints). Once inside look around and you'll see a majority of folks starting the meal by thanking God for letting them eat there.

B's - Greenville
    When I was in school at ECU you had to get there no later than 1:00, sometimes earlier, because they cooked one whole hog a day and after it was gone so were the employees. I hear there up to two or more pigs a day now.

Skylight Inn - Ayden
    You are paying for the meat, not the white bread, soft drinks or maybe cornbread, just the meat. It is worth it. Go.

I don't need to give details. You can read all that elsewhere. But wherever you live or however far you have to travel it is worth the pilgrimage (a journey or search of moral or spiritual significance) to go once in your life to each of these barbeque houses. If you don't like the meat here then you my friend are of another religion. Enjoy and meditate!

If you live in the Piedmont area -- Prissy Polly's in Kernersville does Eastern style without the travel. Only place I know anywhere around that does Eastern Style (we're too close to Lexington I think for much competition).

Comment

Parker's BBQ in Greenville and Wilson and McCall's in Goldsboro are the best!

Comment

B's Barbecue in Greenville, NC. It is off B's Barbecue Road and only open at lunch time. B's has the best eastern style BBQ I have ever eaten and be sure to take one of their BBQ Chickens home for dinner.

Comment

BBQ is a regional delight... Meaning people from different regions will not find BBQ delightful from other regions.😎

I'm jus sayin...🙊

Comment

Asheville, pitmamster favs, Brand new is Buxton BBQ, (2015) an all eastern style bbq, set in an old skating rink, definitely a modern restaurant that is farm to table that is also firmly traditional (They raise and name the pigs they slaughter each day as a joke), but serious sides from one of the top 3 chefs in Asheville Elliot Moss, Sides are delicious, creative, use local heirloom varieties, like the local grain farmer farm and sparrow heirloom grits with gravy and popcorn as a topping(Nice), collards of course, and some pies that look like they could have been made in the 19th century. Meat is a 2 modified indoor smokers in a big open kitchen, cooked only over hardwood, and delicous, I recently also had a smoked fried catfish that was perfect! Couldnt recommend more if you are in Asheville. Second shouts out, if you want tradtional BBQ in Asheville, if you can ignor the hooplah around our own presidents obsession with 12 bones (who does have great sides), go to Webos, a small place that has been serving up the best bbq in Asheville until recently out of a gas station, Wendell and Bonnie are a competition competing couple who make the only respectable brisket in NC that i have tasted in addition to ribs that will blow your mind, and of course our local western nc BBBQ

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here