Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visit to The Beef N' Bottle in Charlotte, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to The Beef N' Bottle in Charlotte, NC

I recently went to Charlotte on business and the CEO made reservations for us to eat at The Beef N' Bottle for dinner. What a nostalgic place! It has been an icon since the 1940's and really is one of the very few restaurants in the city that has any soul and character. It is a classic no frills steakhouse and if you didn't live there or weren't referred you probably would never go by it. The staff has been there forever and were very attentive but not overly so. It was very dimly lit and there were signed pictures on the walls from all celebrities that had visited. The place was packed full on a Tuesday night! We started with a group appetizer that included frog legs, oysters rockefeller, shrimp scampi, and shrimp cocktail. The salads were then served. Everyone received a plate with fresh iceburg lettuce and the garnish plate was passed around offering sliced radish, cucumber, green pepper slices and onion. The dressing was on a stainless steel caddy that was passed around the table. I had the bleu cheese and it was fantastic. Then came the steaks. I ordered a 16 ounce ribeye and creamed spinach for my side. The steak was absolutely delicious and flavorful. My only complaint was that they REALLY like salt. I love salt on my steak as a precursor to cooking but they really put it to it. The creamed spinach was a little too salty for my taste as well. Next time I visit I will make sure to ask to go light on the salt prior to cooking. The crust on the steak was amazing and like I said before, the flavor was spot on. Everyone was so full we opted out of dessert but had a very memorable evening and will definitely go back. The investors even said it was much better than Del Frisco's. Now that is saying something!
    Last edited by Hulagn1971; October 26, 2017, 12:32 PM.

Excellent! Thanks for the review!

Comment

Driven by that place many times. I need to go and figure out a way someone else is paying!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        [cough]Dave Parrish[cough]

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee Yaassss!!!

Thanks for the info

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here