Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte - Bill Spoon's Barbecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    Right on! Well, at least I had high expectations from reading the reviews and checking it out online.

Look forward to the pics.

• Josh Peal
    replied
    I don't think I had my expectations too high, the food really was OK. Like I said, I'd eat there again and it was enjoyable but it just didn't stand out to me. We had a good conversation and it was a lot of fun.

David should be behind me this evening with food photos!

Leave a comment:

• HC in SC
    replied
    Sometimes over expectation kills the moment of an otherwise decent plate of dinner. Heck, I was even excited for you guys to go!

Leave a comment:

• Josh Peal
    started a topic Charlotte - Bill Spoon's Barbecue

Charlotte - Bill Spoon's Barbecue

Overall, I felt that the place was quaint.
    The BBQ was chopped whole hog and it was fairly moist considering it wasn't sauced or vinegar'd.
    The slaw was decent as well as the potato salad and brunswick stew.
    In closing, I'd say the food was OK. There was definitely nothing bad about it and I'd gladly eat there again but there wasn't anything that put it over the top either. Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	39080

Left to right are Josh (Josh Peal), Dave (Pit Boss), and Steve (smokinsteve) Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	39079
    Last edited by Josh Peal; December 10, 2014, 10:10 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here