Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Campaign for Real Barbecue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they launched I told them I love wood fired BBQ but I fired both barrels at them about a strongly negative attitude to other fuel sources. They thanked me and promised to tone it down. So I gave them some money to support them in an effort to support a great regional style of BBQ. I am a strong supporter of regional styles and the historical roots of BBQ. One of the founders is a member of The Pit. I'll refer him to this discussion and if they continue with this exclusionary attitude I will withdraw support.

Comment

I just went there and reviewed the site and was dismayed to see that they had reverted to using terms like "faux cue". I sent them this email:
      "I told you at the outset that terms like faux cue were demeaning, offensive, and historically inaccurate. If you want to support traditional wood barbecue, good on you and count on my support. But if you are going to slam others in the process, count me out and remove my name from the site."

Comment

I have had several email exchanges with them underscoring my love of traditional hardwood cue and quality que made by any means, pointing out that some of the best and worst que I've every had was made with traditional means, but they have no desire to change their offensive language. I have asked them to remove my name and my support and I have withdrawn my offer of money. This is barbecue bigotry.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here