Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte, North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte, North Carolina

I plan to visit Charlotte, North Carolina in the coming weeks. I'd appreciate recommendations for a good BBQ restaurant, especially one that features whole hog. Based on comments that I've read in this forum, Bill Spoon's Barbecue already is on my list of places to visit. Additional recommendations would be most welcome.

Thank you.

We have member meet ups at Midwood Smokehouse (on Central Ave). Good eats there. Not sure where you would get whole hog around here.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. We are glad your here.

Comment

Thanks for your recommendation. I've heard good things about Midwood,from other Charlotte residents. It's on my list of places to visit. Bill Spoon's Barbecue also is on my list. And, I understand that it serves whole hog pulled pork.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Let us know how it is!

David Parrish Can surely help too.

Comment

I concur with all the folks that have told you to go to Midwood and Bill Spoon's. You'll probably be more impressed with the former than the latter. Let us know when you're in town and maybe we can have a member meatup!

Comment

Thanks for all of the helpful comments. David Parrish, a member meat-up sounds like a wonderful idea, but my time will be very limited this visit. There could be another later in the fall. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes keep me posted.

Turns out that Midwood catered the event that my family and I attended in Charlotte. The selection was large. But, I focused on the pulled pork and the brisket. Both were terrific. In fact, the brisket ranked among the best restaurant briskets that I ever had. And, that surprised me, given that we were in pork country. Based upon my experience, I recommend Midwood highly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here