Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Grill -- Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado Grill -- Raleigh, NC

The first and only Kamado fired restaurant. Kamado Grill in Raleigh is great. I've been there a few times. They opened last year and I've been a few times. They don't have brisket options, but a variety of other food options. You order through a touch screen at the table. The service is great, and they'll give you a tour upon request.

The owner told me they plan to open 50 of these Kamado style restaurants in the next four years. I think he's crazy, but I like his enthusiasm. Next one is supposed to be Charlotte

This concept of a Kamado restaurant has never been done before. They created their own indoor exhaust system to make this restaurant kitchen happen.

Comment

That is so creative. Good on them! The exhaust system was the key.

You can set up a line of cookers for the low temp cooks. A line for searing. A line for smoking. A line for baking bread, pizza, pastries and pies. A line for veggies. A line for woking Chinese food. The options are limitless.

Just think of all of the Kamado cooking experts they are going to train.👍

I'd like to be the lump coal salesman for that account.😆 I'd get a drone that could deliver a 40 pound bag of lump and drop in their parking lot on demand.😆
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 29, 2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing Guest wow are they gonna go through the Lump! then my lazy came out some poor soul has to clean out each and every Kamado probably twice a day!!(at least) That's a lot of work

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet they have some shop vac's that take less than a few seconds to suck out the ash. They probably mist it first to make sure there's no hot coals below the firebox grate. That's what I would do.

Yep, they have their lines of kamados with different temps. Pretty cool. They are passionate about their kamados and have sold a lot of people in the area to buy a Kamado.

Oh, speaking of charcoal, the guy who runs the naked whiz charcoal website goes to this restaurant all the time (so the owner told me). He lives in the area.

Comment

That is waaaay cool....😎

Comment

Think what you could cook at one time with that many Komado's lined up like that. This is a back yard cooks dream outdoor kitchen!

Comment

I want to see photos of their Kamado lineup so I can drool!

Comment

Ok, here's their website. Watch the video on the home page. Here's a snapshot from the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 8.10.30 PM.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	188290

Comment

They are definitely Kamado evangelists. Very nice people and willing to talk with you and show you around. I am shocked of their 50 restaurants in 4 years. It ain't happening. Might do well to open 5 restaurants. They definitely put a TON of money into that restaurant. You can play ping pong and corn hole outside!

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They could go on Shark Tank and Mark Cuban could get those 50 restaurants open for them.😆

fuzzydaddy ...

I watched the video. My opinion is these guys have found an unknown niche. If they have the right marketing talent, watching the video tells me they do, and they have the right GM that has hired the right floor manager to train the wait staff... They are going to be very unique and very successful.

It looks like a winner to me. I'd invest my money in them at this point. I love their touchscreen ordering system too. These guys are sharp.👍

Comment

I'd give it a try if I was anywhere close.

Comment

Update: Unfortunately, this restaurant has just closed. My father in law told me there's a For Lease sign out front. Quick google search shows they filed for bankruptcy. Very sad.

Comment

Watch for the liquidation sale - you might wind up with a kamado for next to nothing. And post if you do see an equipment sale - someone else here might be interested.

Comment

• RonB
                        RonB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree Breadhead - Scott should buy them all and sell them on craigslist for a bundle.

• kmhfive
                        kmhfive commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Buy them and sell one to me!

• Breadhead
                        Breadhead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There's NOTHING more satisfying as cutting a deal where you make lots of money...🤑 Seeing an opportunity that others don't is the art of the deal.👌

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here