Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte - Sauceman's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think much has changed in the past couple of years except that eating out quality has seemed to have deteriorated if anything. The only places that have kept their quality is the $50/plate and up restaurants.

Comment

Marauderer, I agree completely, with one addition. Within the last 5-10 years, the sustainable food movement (which I fully support btw), the increase in non-meat based restaurants/non-meat eating customers, as well as the increase in people actually dining out has had so many effects on the meat industry, and specifically BBQ, in my opinion. It has forever been tough to produce top quality products in such mass quantities. When the demand is that high and the competition increases between restauranteurs, convenience and low price are the goal. So to further solidify your point, it is becoming more and more difficult to find a restaurant, regardless of food type, that serves QUALITY food for under $50 pp.

It is our responsibility as supporters and lovers of meat cooked over fire to carry on until the end of time the traditions that have been around since the beginning of time....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck T View Post
        Marauderer, It is our responsibility as supporters and lovers of meat cooked over fire to carry on until the end of time the traditions that have been around since the beginning of time....
        Chuck, you are absolutely correct.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here