Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte - Sauceman's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I think due to the cooking times it takes to prepare good Q', it isn't always practical to get it "backyard right." Unless you have sauce that hits the taste buds just right.

That is why I eat seafood and fish when I dine out. It is a treat since I don't cook it much, and it can be enjoyed more easily than the Q'.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 17, 2014, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I remember being underwhelmed before I even got into home Q. I think BBQ would have an even bigger following if restaurants did it right. I will say Ruby Tuesday's ribs, although not home smoked obviously, are good. I like their sauce.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    I think that your cook game has elevated to the point that restaurants just don't get it anymore. BBQ Shacks still surprise me occasionally but most times when I eat out for Q I have to get home and get something out of the fridge to get the taste out of my mind.

Barry you've got a good point there. I've given a few BBQ places a good review, but more often than not nowadays I'm underwhelmed.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I think that your cook game has elevated to the point that restaurants just don't get it anymore. BBQ Shacks still surprise me occasionally but most times when I eat out for Q I have to get home and get something out of the fridge to get the taste out of my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    They must save all the duck fat for Pit Masters.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    started a topic Charlotte - Sauceman's

Charlotte - Sauceman's

I went here with a couple of friends/neighbors a few weeks back and wow was I underwhelmed. I had a massive plate of ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and brisket. I'd give everything 3 stars. I was very surprised as this place is legendary around these parts, they've got piles of wood outside the restaurant (which they use), and they are very well respected in the competition circuit. In fact, they were packing their trailer just outside the restaurant getting ready for a competition while we were eating. I felt like walking over there and telling them they needed to spend more time in the kitchen and less time polishing their trophies.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here