Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern OBX - Kill Devil Hills, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern OBX - Kill Devil Hills, again

Colington Cafe, on Colington Rd. and just across the street from the Wright Brothers National Memorial.

Colington Cafe is the Outer Banks restaurant serving the freshest seafood and steaks in Kill Devil Hills, NC. A locals and Outer Banks lovers favorite for decades!

My brother and SIL live less than 10 minutes from this favorite restaurant of ours so it was on our hit list during this visit with them. Unfortunately, it was a slightly off night for this otherwise stellar establishment. My only real complaint about the food was there was some key ingredient missing in the Caesar salad and I’m guessing it was lemon juice. My SIL also said her crab cakes weren’t as good as the ones from the previous night at The Salt Box. The only other complaint was about the ambience. We were seated upstairs and before we finished our meal (we like to take our time), two large parties of 24 total people were seated within our little area. Needless to say, we could no longer carry on conversations between us and left immediately after finishing our dessert. I enjoy having fun in a restaurant as much as anyone so schooled my brother in how to ask for a quiet corner table when making reservations.

Despite a slightly off night, I highly recommend this restaurant!

WOW, must have been an off night. That place is legit...hoping the next visit things will be back to normal!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here