Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokey Mountain BBQ Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey Mountain BBQ Company

On the last leg of our vacation, we rented a house in the hills of Murphy NC. Those of you who have read my reviews of BBQ in North Myrtle Beach SC will understand why I was hesitant to try another BBQ joint, but we did, and I couldn't be happier. I looked up BBQ places in Murphy and the Smokey Mountain BBQ Company was rated 5 stars and it was near the Buck Bald Brewing Co. They're located in downtown Murphy which is a really cool area. We found the address which was an older brick building that was being converted into different businesses. It turns out that they operate out of a trailer in the gravel parking lot. Very friendly people, I think husband and wife. We wanted to sample a few things and they offered a Tri-meat platter. Baby back ribs, pulled pork, and brisket plus a side for $20. Enough for two people to get a taste. Plus, we got two slices of Key Lime pie. We took our food to the back of the building which housed the brewery and when I opened the box, I thought that I would cry. Real BBQ! The ribs looked so good I went back and bought another half slab for $14! The ribs were so good no sauce was needed. Although a mustard and vinegar sauce was provided on the side and was quite tasty. The pulled pork was smokey, moist and tender and the brisket was tender and moist as well. Our side was their Root beer baked beans. The root beer taste was faint and honestly they were good but something I could take or leave. I highly recommend this place if you're ever in the area.

Look at those smoke rings
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20220422_122658(1).jpg Views:	67 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	1213038

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20220422_122756(1).jpg Views:	63 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	1213039

Buck Bald Brewing Co.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20220422_121542(1).jpg Views:	65 Size:	176.8 KB ID:	1213040

Murphy is a beautiful area of NC. Glad you found some bbq redemption here in the Old North State 🙂

Comment

Patience rewarded! Now I am happy too! 👍fer ya!

Comment

I'll add that one to my list of places to try next time I'm down that way. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here