Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noble Smoke — Charlotte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noble Smoke — Charlotte

I went to Noble Smoke today, which is close to the airport and Uptown Charlotte. It was great! We ordered 3 pounds of brisket, which came as a straight cross section of the point, so it has lean and fatty, but it was mostly fatty (my favorite). The smoke was clean, but it could’ve used a stronger smoke flavor. From what I could tell, it was S&P rub.

The sides were delicious!! Brussel Sprouts, hush puppies, pickled veggies, and Freedom Fries (smoked cheese melted on French fries).

Then I took a tour of the smokers. I think there were 8-1000 gallon smokers and then a traditional NC brick pit built within the walls of the building. Offset fire feeding two smoke chambers where they cook all the pork.

They said they rest the briskets for at least 8 hours at 150 in a warming chamber. They said that was a (not so secret) secret.

All the wood is hickory. Their wood supplier is https://carolinacookwood.com

I highly recommend Noble Smoke!
    Attached Files

Great review!

8 hours seems pretty long on the rest but maybe they have business reasons to do so. Maybe it lets it produce more brisket to sell?

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaron Franklin lets it rest that long. But certainly having such a wide time period to rest then serve is good for preparing and serving on short order.

Thanks for write up, definitely gonna head over and give it a try

Comment

Man that is some serious hardware! Do you know someone there or can anyone take the tour?

Great review and pics!

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone can take the tour. Just ask and a manager will bring you over. I was wearing my Franklin BBQ shirt, so it probably helped to hit it off so well with the manager and pit masters.

Nice write up, great pics

Comment

Thanks for the great write-up.

Comment

I love that the pits seem to be named.

Comment

That's a pretty fantastic set up. Thanks for sharing - I drive through Charlotte fairly frequently. I might have to plan a stop...

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              Just off I-77!

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              They’re named after his family members. Pretty cool!

Nice! Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here