Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luella's BBQ, Asheville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luella's BBQ, Asheville

On my way back from Mooresville last night I decided to stop in Asheville for some food. After a random google search I settled on Luella's. I should have checked this thread first, but I didn't think of it. Anyway, the location I ended up in was in Biltmore Park Town Square, a nice area full of restaurants and shops. When I pulled in I thought they can't have a pit around here, but it was late and I was tired and hungry, so I went on in. While I didn't taste any smoke on any of the meat (I had a 3 meat sampler, pulled pork, chopped brisket and ribs), the food wasn't too bad. The brisket was a little dry but pretty tasty because of the good rub. The pulled pork was just OK until I added the Scooters Vinegar Sauce (the cup in the rear in the pic) which kicked up to very good. The ribs were not that great, but I love ribs so I made do. The sauce in the first cup was a mustard based sauce that I didn't really like. The vinegar slaw was excellent. The potato salad was a heavy mayo and mustard style, which I like, but it was off-putting because it seemed like the potatoes were peeled and then the skins were put back into the potato salad. There were small pieces of just potato skin. The hush puppies were pretty good, though I have never seen any shaped like that before. Looked kind of like corn dogs. It was affordable at $22 bucks including sweet tea. If you are in the area shopping or something it would be a good place to go, but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to visit again.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210715_173347.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	1061423
    Last edited by klflowers; July 16, 2021, 01:40 PM.

I knew this was goin to be good when you start things off by "stop in for some food". Good is OK, & sometimes good is really OK if the time is right. Sure looks good! Gracias man!
    Last edited by FireMan; July 16, 2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, before joining this bunch I would have said it was really good but you guys have upped my expectations

Good review. I had an "I don't think I'll be going out of my way to visit again" visit recently too. Of all the good BBQ places in St Louis, MO I found a 'meh, it's ok' one. Oh well, at the end of the day food is food and it does the job. The more reviews we get the more others will be helped!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. It wasn't bad, but since joining up with you guys my expectations have gone up lots

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers , yer punctuation hasn’t improved much & yer grammar is just ok.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan but my cussin is excellent

Next time your through Asheville try 12 Bones; don't think you will be disappointed. They have 2 locations in the area.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I will, I saw that after I got back home. I was actually in Mooresville at an electrical substation near 454 E Plaza Drive. Man it was hot out there

• mcook2201
      mcook2201 commented
      Editing a comment
      You were about 3 miles from my Casa, grew up just down the street. Mooresville has grow substantially over the last 20 years or so.
      Next time your around gimme a shout and if I am available can show you around (even in Troutman too).

It's not barbecue, but we've been very impressed with both Asheville locations of Tupelo Honey. Southern comfort food with flair. And, of course, lots of biscuits and honey...

Comment

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      Tupelo Honey has earned its reputation. I don't get to Asheville that often but do enjoy their Raleigh location.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a Tupelo Honey here but I haven’t been

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here